Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vietnam veteran denied compensation for wartime injuries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Sister in law blew her knee out in basic 27 years ago. She recovered and stayed in. Retired as a light bird. Went to Iraq and Afghanistan. Now she has burn pit disease as well as a disease I can’t spell that was caused by sand inhalation. It’s a chronic lung disease. Just about 100% of the time when I speak with her husband I can hear her coughing in the background. She still works full time but her lungs are toast.
    The back story is she’s been trying to get her disability raised and is still waiting. Truth of the matter is there are too many people that have learned to game the system. I’ve seen it first hand. I’m all for taking care of our disabled vets. The gamers should be publicly horse whipped, tarred and feathered, and forced to live with nervous nancy!

Comment

Originally posted by Katsaregood View Post
      Without going into everything, they have dragged this out for years. Yes he has PTSD and was really messed up when he made it back to the states. He was sprayed with agent orange and has the scars from it and the cancer surgery. Some things are better off not being mentioned for his benefit. Let’s just say that history books don’t always tell the whole story or necessarily things from the view of those who fought. He later helped haul out the deceased.

I was talking with another vet today that I met for the first time. He had two tours there.
      Gotcha. Eff the VA. If you cut them out and just split the budget among every vet there would be more than enough to cover everyone for everything.

Comment

Maybe. AOC was pushing to give VA benefits to illegals. The country is unraveling.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
          Sorry, but those numbers don’t equal a 100% rating with VA math, he would have to apply for individual unemployability status. Then if approved for “IU” there are two types, with further review and without further review which comes with additional benefits. There is also Special Monthly Compensation available for other reasons on top of those.

Thats one of the fastest ways to spot someone not on the level if they spout numbers that add up to 100%. I see such all the time, its real common with the guys that were SEALs, DELTA, Rangers, 101st, and Recon Marines all in a 3 year enlistment. But giving the benefit of doubt, they could have taken their three numbers that appeared to add up to 100% that would actually be about 80% after the funky math and then applied for 100% IU. Anything is possible.

The Code of Federal Regulations will teach a person VA Math if they want to learn though. 1+1=2 until a specific number then the ratings have some weird proration.

The fact is there are not “a lot of vets” rated at 100% nor getting paid 100% IU, the published numbers don’t lie. There are so relatively few Vets getting paid per capita the odds of any one person knowing of “a lot of Vets getting 100%” would probably need to be figured by Mr Spock.

Anybody here concerned about their VA rating better school themselves in the CFR’s because the service organizations are almost as useless as tits on a boar hog. Your county Rep would be a better advocate. And VA employees are not allowed to help you whatsoever.

Additionally, when you are filling out your material, your explanation better (must) match the criteria in the CFR explicitly, basically regurgitate the same verbiage (criteria) back to them with your “proof”. If you have any “multipliers” you need to point those out so they don’t miss them. They WILL NOT think outside the box !

Just so y’all know per the intent of the regulations you can apply for 100% IU with a 0% rating though it has a recommended percentage in another paragraph. If you show how that 0% rated item has precluded you from substantial employment you are in.

Wanna know how many 0% ratings gets you a paycheck, go ask Mr Owl
          All I know is that he's getting paid. This is what he sent me when I asked him about it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
          Last edited by andre3k; 05-04-2021, 07:59 AM.

Comment

I've learned a lot dealing with the VA for the last 21 years. I have another Compensation and Pension (C&P) exam tomorrow for prostate cancer.

Here's a tip if you're seeing private doctors. Have your Doc fill out the Disability Questionnaire (DBQ) prior to any C&P exam. Hand carry it to your exam.

"DBQs were developed as a specific means to collect the necessary medical information required in the processing of Veterans disability claims. DBQs provide Veterans with a way to submit medical evidence from their health care provider to support their claims for disability benefits. Veterans can have their health care providers fill out and submit to VA any of the DBQs listed below that are appropriate for their claimed conditions."

Here's a link to DBQ's for most service connected health issues.

Apply for and manage the VA benefits and services you’ve earned as a Veteran, Servicemember, or family member—like health care, disability, education, and more.

Comment

Few thoughts

God bless those of you and yours who served

Saw my uncle (battle of chosin) go through this. He was scared to even ask for some reason.

We cant seem to take care of the most deserving's medical requirements (few million service members) how we gonna take care of medical for few hundred million? Splain that one universalist.

We had a good man who cared about our service people with a realistic way to fix the VA. That's all

This thread makes me sick. It's just not right to make this contract and not live up to it.

What the hell can we do to fix this horse spit?

Comment

Working...
              X