Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about ETX Leases??

First, this isn’t a “looking for a lease post”

Just curious about the different kinds of leases found in ETX. In the future, I may be interested in changing it up and hunting ETX, which I’ve done before. Just not on a lease. It was a friend’s place. So I know how different it is from the hill country.

My question is...
    how often do you see quality leases with:

- decent camp/hookups/storage?
    - low pressure (say 10 members/2000 acres)
    - Quality management plan

Basically what are the odds I can find a place that is managed similar to other parts of the state, and is a comfortable place to stay/set camp, without being a “hunting club” with 50 members you don’t know? Price is not an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If price isn’t an issue, you can probably find what you are looking for. However, spots on those type leases don’t come open very often, and even when they do, it can be very political to get voted in. I’m on two East Texas leases, both MLD and can produce some quality bucks. Both of my leases are more than 10 guys per 2,000 acres though. We are closer to 1:150 acres

Comment

That’s going to be very hard to come by unless your related to someone on a lease like that. Great ETX leases do not have many openings and they do not have to post an opening to fill a spot.

Comment

It's all about who you know most of the time.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree as mentioned above the better quality ones will be MLD type. Good luck

Comment

There seem to be a lot more managed leases in ETX in the past few years and the 1:100 acres model is no longer the norm. More like 1:200 or higher. You can find one like you are describing by putting the word out and doing your research, especially if price is not an issue. It make take a year or three, just be ready to move on it quickly.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
            Last edited by famousunknown; 12-16-2018, 05:02 PM.

Comment

I can think of more than a few places in east Tx that check all the boxes and have one thing in common as well.. you better know someone, and when they call you better be on your wife’s good side because that check will be over $3500

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Scrappin, is where I'd go if I lost my current lease.��

Comment

Originally posted by huggybear View Post
                    scrappin, is where i'd go if i lost my current lease.��
                    ��

Comment

I'm on a place in Nacogdoches county that meets all your criteria and we kill some good bucks every year, but it's expensive. We have openings every year and I can put you in contact with the lease president if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by TWOHunter View Post
                        ��
                        Are you asking why??? I just see ?? Where you wrote?

Comment

Originally posted by Huggybear View Post
                          Are you asking why??? I just see ?? Where you wrote?
                          That was a “thumbs up”

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
                            I can think of more than a few places in east Tx that check all the boxes and have one thing in common as well.. you better know someone, and when they call you better be on your wife’s good side because that check will be over $3500
                            Don't let her know that is what I do. Just tell her it was on sell and you couldn't afford not to get on it. And 3500 Is half down not counting the protein and corn and food plots. Good luck

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TWOHunter View Post
                              That was a “thumbs up”
                              10-4! Haven't updated my phone!

Comment

Working...
                              X