No announcement yet.

Racoons - What to do Afterwords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just tell her they will be relocated to a better home... just don’t tell her that the home is in the gut pile once they get a 17 in the brain pan

Comment

www.coonhood.com and be done with traps and coons for good

Comment

Golden marlin fly bait end story

Comment

shoot them in the face
          Attached Files

Comment

Just relocate them safely away from you property to a heavily wooded area. No need to kill them just because you can. In my humble opinion.

Comment

Growing up we smoked and ate them. Smoked, or slow cooked in a crock pot with carrots and taters. From memory they were really tasty. It's been 20 years or so though.

These days they get thrown in the dumpster.

The wienie bone was always fixed to a key chain of some sort or made into a tooth pick. My son is into using stuff weird like this so we do cut the bone out. No clue why anymore.
              Last edited by 3whunt; 12-14-2018, 11:54 AM. Reason: Forgot the bone part

Comment

Grandboys are out skinnin' one right now. The skin will be used by them as a learning project on how to tan/preserve/use of furs. Carcass will be buried in the drip line of one of the trees on property, I consider tree food as legitimate a use as anything else, shoot the locals used a fish to fertilize corn and showed that method to the pilgrims.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  Just relocate them safely away from you property to a heavily wooded area. No need to kill them just because you can. In my humble opinion.
                  BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! When's your next show and how much are tickets?

Comment

The reason there are so many of them is that the furs are worthless especially in Texas. Just kill them and help the rest of the population out. This will also help cut down the risk for the spread of rabies. They won't go to waste, the earth and other animals will use them.

Comment

Turn them loose in HEB

Comment

Used to get $18-25 for the fur and $5 for the meat in the early 80's. That would be like $50+ in today's money. Dead ones on the road were picked up quick.

I don't even kill them now, but would if I knew someone who would take the meat. Could feed a family for a year with one trip to the deer lease.

Evidently some folks still eat them...

Raccoon Stew Meat, raccoon meat, raccoon meat for sale, where can I find raccoon meat, where can I buy raccoon meat, where can I purchase raccoon meat, raccoon meat recipe, raccoon meat recipes, raccoon meat taste, raccoon meat nutrition, exotic meat
                        Last edited by Native Texan; 12-14-2018, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by COONHOOD View Post
                          Hahaha that’s awesome!

X2. That’s hilarious

Comment

I agree with you.

Comment

Apparently that’s illegal...

https://texreg.sos.state.tx.us/publi...1&ch=169&rl=34

Comment

Skin em', clean em' and into a crock pot. Comes out like pulled pork.

Comment

Working...
                                X