No announcement yet.

Pellet grill wood choice ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just reverse seared two rib eyes and a bacon wrapped fillet using B&B Competition, out freaking standing. I’ve used several other of their types for various cooking and they all worked well but I’m thinking I’ll just stick with this type from now on.

*edit* Pardon, it was the Championship Blend.
    Last edited by Twist; 05-23-2020, 05:25 PM.

Comment

I use B&B Comp Blend and also mix in sometimes some mesquite or hickory pellets with it.

Comment

B&B Pecan

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
          Just about all pellets for these things are compressed oak. Then they add “ flavoring” that dont really change the flavor. Some of the lumber jack pellets are supposed to be actually fruit wood. That is what I find to be the best, but find if I am smoking something a smoke daddy with real chips along with the pellets work far far better. It’s kind of a pain baby sitting the smoke daddy when using it.
          I can honestly tell you this, there are several pellet brands that are in fact 100% wood. B&B, pit boss, and several others use wood shavings and turn them into pellets. Unfortunately there are more manufacturers that use more fillers than actual wood. Easy way to see that is how much and how fast the pellets turn white/ash. It’s the same for a lot of charcoal products.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
            I can honestly tell you this, there are several pellet brands that are in fact 100% wood. B&B, pit boss, and several others use wood shavings and turn them into pellets. Unfortunately there are more manufacturers that use more fillers than actual wood. Easy way to see that is how much and how fast the pellets turn white/ash. It’s the same for a lot of charcoal products.

What ones are actually wood ?

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
              Lumberjack...........check there website.........

Comment

Originally posted by svbubba View Post
                Lumberjack...........check there website.........

Will do .

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mechhead View Post
                    Just snagged one from the Lowe’s store.

The secret is out

Comment

Pit boss pellets are 100% real wood also not imported.

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gv64HsYe4s&feature=emb_title"]Why Pit Boss Pellets? The Best Wood Pellets for Pellet Grilling and Smoking - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                        I never said they weren’t wood, I said almost all are compressed oak sawdust ( wood) .

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                          I don’t know them all but Lumberjack, B&B, & PitBoss For sure. Most advertise ‘made from 100% wood’ but the pellet isn’t 100%.
                          Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                          I never said they weren’t wood, I said almost all are compressed oak sawdust ( wood) .
                          No I understood what you were saying. I was just plugging some that I know are all wood but you are correct. Lots of them are just saw dust with fillers

Comment

Cookin' pellets brand doesn't use fillers or flavored additives. However, I can tell when using them in my RecTec, they don't seem to get quite as hot as the oak blends. I've had no issues with them getting hot enough though.

Comment

Another vote here for b&b championship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use B&B Competition Blend and B&B 100% Post Oak

Comment

Working...
                                X