X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annual hunting lease, Brady, TX.

Approx 400 acres / 4 guns.

*** 2 SLOTS OPEN ***

White Tail Deer (1 Trophy buck, 1 cull, 3 does) , Turkey, Doves, Varmints.

This is approximately 400 acres of pasture and dense live oak.

The (2) existing hunters are mid/late 50's with wives and children, POLITICALLY CONSERVATIVE, and employed in the mechanical, refrigeration, and appliance repair services trades, currently and previously self-employed respectively. Musical tastes are Country, Bluegrass, 80's-90's rock, etc. No rap will be tolerated. None to light alcohol consumption, usually beer, is typical on the property over the years. The landowner brings his bourbon for dinner and poker game on Saturday night - no drunken brawls or hangovers (but rarely someone might fall down).
    The landowner likes to join us for a poker game on Saturday night. We like to whip up some really good eating during our hunting visits - no bologna sandwiches out here, unless it is some good old Lebanon Bologna. Ribeyes, cornbread, banana bread, and some venison steaks or wild duck chili are not uncommon. Occasionally a fish fry, or even once a bucket of rocky mountain oysters fresh from a local rancher. Staples in the fridge are tortillas, eggs, onion, cilantro, and tomatoes to whip some good pico-de-gallo for the breakfast tacos, steaks, and baked potatoes. When everything is going right, Saturday morning after the hunt, the crock pot is loaded with pinto beans for dinner fare. Early riser starts the coffee, the eggs, and the bacon. We like to eat.
    Typically, Friday evening after everyone rolls into camp, we will take inventory of anything that is needed for the weekend (groceries) and and we all go into town for dinner and WalMart for the shopping.

** We like to try to act like we make a difference with respect to herd management. Sharing photos and identifying animals to qualify as trophy or cull is an activity that is conducive to enjoyment of the resources and fellowship.

Existing amenities:
    Water and electricity hookups
    Primitive camp kitchen with Electricity, water, TV, and AC
    Hot water and and enclosed shower
    6' x 8' walk in cooler (owned by hunter on lease for community use)
    1,000# capacity production ice machine (owned by hunter on lease for community use)
    D.C. winch for singletree cleaning station
    Beverage box, Refrigerator/freezer, scullery, microwave, dishes and utensils, gas stove, and gas heater in camp
    house

Looking for responsible hunters to participate on hunting lease.

A prospect for this opportunity would be a man of moderate control of his own time and finances, have some to spare, someone who is not always on the run but has the time sit down for a moment and chat it up, and then front for the corn until he makes it back.

A man with experience and skill with hand tools, owns a good kit, and builds and repairs all his own ****.

Someone who has banged a few T-posts into central Texas rock, built his own deer stand, feeder, and processes his own deer instead of taking it to town.

A man who drives his truck to the lease, who knows when he sits shotgun he's gotta' get the gate, and when he runs into town he makes sure no one else is in need in order to save THEM the trip.

A man who sees when a job needs to be done without being told, the guy who asks what he can do instead of sitting on his *** while pointing at everyone else.

A man who knows his way around the BBQ pit, who carries his weight with the chores, and has an intuitive sense of when it's his turn to wash the dishes.

A man who respects other people's property, and will park the truck to walk and avoid rutting the road.

A man who has a sense of when everyone is even in the sharing of the expenses, and steps up to the plate when it's his turn to pay.

A man that doesn't shoot everything he sees, and inclined to only shoot anything that he would eat.

SHARED EXPENSES:
    Lease License
    Protein feed
    Propane
    Groceries (except beverages)
    Camp maintenance

HUNTER RESPONSIBLE FOR:
    Deer Stand
    Feeder
    Game camera
    Bunk (electric and water available for hookup - no sewer)

more info: http://burkhuntlease.net/

Comment

Following, ISO place for 4 plus Bowhunters. Lost our lease in Junction ,Tx that we have had since 1958. Manage minded and not looking to feel freezers. Pretty open to location. Budget 2k to 3k. Water, electric or cabin a plus but not required as we have RVs. Group are 3 Police Officers and 1 Taxidermist. Can get a few more like minded hunters to add to group if needed. Please PM if anyone has anything.

Thanks

G2

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by g2outfitter View Post
        Following, ISO place for 4 plus Bowhunters. Lost our lease in Junction ,Tx that we have had since 1958. Manage minded and not looking to feel freezers. Pretty open to location. Budget 2k to 3k. Water, electric or cabin a plus but not required as we have RVs. Group are 3 Police Officers and 1 Taxidermist. Can get a few more like minded hunters to add to group if needed. Please PM if anyone has anything.

Thanks

G2

Wow that’s a pretty good run right there. Hate to hear y’all lost it. Lease market is kinda slow still. Hopefully some new ones start to pop up soon

Comment

Thank you sir, yes definitely a Sad day when we locked that gate for the last time. I'm sure something will pop up.

Comment

We have one opening on 4000 acre archery only lease in McCulloch County, Melvin Texas. Management program in place.
            Electric and water hook-ups for RVS.
            Pavillion, walk in cooler and covered cleaning area.
            $3100.00 year round access.

Comment

Link to my separate post in classifieds.

Comment

Hello fellow TBHers,
                Im a 37 year old guy who is exasperated. Ive been lucky enough the last few years to hunt with my brother up around Lubbock but its just not the same as having my own place to go to. I am looking for a spot on a lease. It could be just myself or a total of 3 that are like me and that I vouch for whole heartedly. I live just outside of Burnet and work as a Project Manager for a small commercial concrete company that is family run(perks of me. I have a skid steer and mini x). Im married and have a 7 year old son that is really getting into hunting. He is my driving force for finding a place. He needs to learn more about nature and the value of work(filling feeders, cleaning camp, ect). My wife likes to go camping but doesnt like hunting. I grew up hunting and have hunted everywhere from Spur Tx down to Junction. I know what a big buck is but I certainly could give a **** if I shoot one. I do like the meat so a doe and a pig makes me happy. Im satisfied cooking up some steaks bringing a new found brand bottle of whiskey and telling a few fart jokes around a camp table. Sitting in a blind is just icing on the cake. I respect land, I clean up after myself, and I have manners. Im looking for something in the 1500 to 2800 dollar range per gun for year round access. Something within about 3.5 hours of Austin if possible. Ive never hunted East Tx so Im not sure how I feel about it so anything west of Austin is really my comfort zone. Something that my wife and son are welcome to come with me to when its not guys weekend. Something that my best friend could help me set up a blind outside of hunting season and spend an evening at the campfire and it be ok. I know this may not be sexiest ad you've read but Im drama free and friendly. Shoot me a pm if you got something.
                Thanks
                Matt

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

ISO Lease

Management minded hunter not looking to fill tags. Looking for the right long term opportunity. Cash in hand with budget of $4500. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Bump

Comment

2020 Available Leases... Post them here

Comment

Looking for a 1-2 person lease within 1 hour of eastern Bell county. Would only be my wife and I and only for bowhunting. Willing to join an existing lease for me and possible the wife.

Comment

Looking for lease or spot if available .. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                            Deer lease hunting camping year around access - $1985 (Bonham)

year around access. Pick either 640 acres ranch in Westbrook, TX
                            or the 280 acres one near Bonham, TX.
                            Deer, hogs, fishing, doves, turkey, ducks, water and electricity available.
                            Large lake ponds and creek.
                            $1985-$2750/gun . make your own group needs to be 8-5 people.
                            call 972 755 nine2nine2
                            This one seems to get posted every year.

Comment

Re-posting 4000 acre bow only lease in Melvin Texas near Brady. Well managed lease, water, electric hook-ups, Big cleaning area, walk in cooler. One spot remaining. $3100.00, 1 trophy, 1 cull, does, also axis, hogs, turkey, black buck. Family hunts off your tags.

Comment

I’m in a hunting club in Oklahoma, we keep right at 100 members, we have aprox 43,000ac all across Oklahoma. Great for bow hunters. Because of this corona nonsense, and oil prices, we are about 10 members short right now. Looking to get back to 100. This club has been up and running since the 40s
                                If interested, text me with questions and I have some deer pics too
                                940-218-0665
                                Last edited by Bigmanhunts; 05-28-2020, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X