Home Exterior Painting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Exterior Painting

Are there any home painters on the THB? Or anyone paint there own home that has any advise? Looking to get the exterior of my home painted.

My advice would be to power wash the house then either rent or buy an airless sprayer if you decide to do it yourself.

Comment

Buy one of these and get busy!

As stated above, pressure wash it first and then caulk whatever needs caulking.

Comment

Just had one quoted at $6.500 just for the outside!

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post

Thats the sprayer i have, bought it to paint my house. I liked it so much i have used it to paint a couple houses for people.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookiemonster1 View Post

Thats pure crazy talk...unless you have a huge house

Comment

I have a guy that does all of our painting. He is incredibly good for what we pay him. The only downside is that he is booked until summer. If you have the time to wait.
              Let me know if you want his info.

Comment

Lots of variables to consider. How big is the house, single story or two? Is there lots of prep work required as in scraping or caulking? Brush painting all trim? Weather a consideration, and can it be started and finished in 2-3 days?

Have a couple different friends here in town with painting companies. They much prefer to do interiors on new construction, but will do exteriors for a price. The average outside runs between $3k-6K. Labor is time, and time costs. The more you can do yourself will save you some bucks, but how much do you like working in the hot sun???

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  Thats the sprayer i have, bought it to paint my house. I liked it so much i have used it to paint a couple houses for people.
                  Man, you guys are going to make me go spend more money now!

Comment

Originally posted by Cookiemonster1 View Post
                    depending on the size of the house that does not sound unreasonable. I just charged a customer $7100 to paint 500+ LF of fascia only. But that was mostly 2nd story and required scaffolding and an articulating lift

Comment

Big house and multiple tall gables that will need major scaffolding. It still took my breath!

Comment

One story home, brick on three sides hardy on one side. There is some minor prep work involved. Got a quote last night, but was thinking maybe just do it myself.

Comment

I paid $3,800 to paint the exterior of a 2000 sqft Brick house. That was for the garage door, gutters, fascia, soffits, and a little hardy plank off the back porch.

Comment

Maybe $6500 isn't too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              Man, you guys are going to make me go spend more money now!
                              Worth every penny.....buy another 50 foot of hose.

Comment

Working...
                              X