Smallest Property Hunted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smallest Property Hunted

Hey guys, I have the opportunity through a work related customer to hunt some of his property. He has a 5 acre lot and a 30 acre lot that he said he may let me bow hunt on. I'm going this weekend to check out the 5 acre plot and then hopefully if everything goes good with the guy that owns it, he may let me have access to the 30 acres. My question is, what is the small plot of land that you guys have hunted? This 5 acre pieces backs up to a river so I feel like it should be a pretty good spot if the cards are played right.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

30 is the smallest I have hunted.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought I heard somewhere that 10 acres is minimum to hunt. I’ve always wondered if there was truth to that. Hopefully someone can clarify.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLongball View Post
        I thought I heard somewhere that 10 acres is minimum to hunt. I’ve always wondered if there was truth to that. Hopefully someone can clarify.
        I was curious about that as well.

Comment

5he right 5 acres could be incredible but bowhunting almost guarantees a deer will run off the property. Permission to trail on a neighbor is a must.

Comment

We have 17acres that we hunt on East Texas old family land. We have had really good luck off the small piece. We back up to a river as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I killed a 161" this past year on 12 acres. It all depends on what's around the property.

Comment

I have 15 acres that is pretty spectacular. We have killed a couple of really nice Burnet county deer and 30+ hogs in last 3 years. Most of them stay on property since it is mostly heavy cover surrounded by neighbors field, but I agree you need to make sure your neighbors will allow you to track if need be. Good luck, I hope the spots work out for you.

Comment

10ac

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Wasn’t the 278 shot on 3 acres?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      5he right 5 acres could be incredible but bowhunting almost guarantees a deer will run off the property. Permission to trail on a neighbor is a must.
                      I plan to meet with the land owner this weekend and go over more with him and I had already planned to make sure the surround land owners were okay with me potentially tracking animals across. After looking at onx maps, it appears that the surrounding property is open as well. The guy said its a bit of a chore to get back to his place and said they have had many nice deer taking from it.

Comment

I’ve hunted 3 acres (rifle shooting at downward angle surrounded by timber land)

Comment

3 acres between Tarpley and Utopia, Texas.... 1984 through 1993s. Property was in line with a dam that was the largest in a series of dammed up creeks and was a major crossing for the deer. We hunted 2-3 guys with bows and did well lol. It was surrounded by thousands of acres out in the middle of nowhere... It was a hunting "utopia" as well as a bass and crappie one too. Typical hill country mega populations with nothing huge.

Comment

I use to hunt in my neighbors garden. It was about a 1/4 acre

Comment

The bright side to small acreage....you ain’t gotta figure out what stand to go to lol

Comment

Working...
                              X