Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tandem Honda 2200w generators to run travel trailer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tandem Honda 2200w generators to run travel trailer?

I have a Cherokee Grey Wolf 29TE and I currently have a 6750w generator running it. Upside is that I think I have more than enough power but the downside is the noise. Hence the switch inverter Hondas.
    I’ve been thinking about getting two Honda 2200 generators and running them in tandem but I’d like to know my trailer’s needs before doing this. I can’t seem to find anything with a cumulative total though. Do you have to add every single thing up that you want to run? Seems like there would be a simpler way. I’d love to know your experiences.

If you have just one AC unit 15kbtu or less, you should be just fine with the 4400w tandem 2200 eu Hondas, unless you'll be running multiple space heaters, microwave, etc..during the winter.

If you really wanted to be sure, spend 2x the money and get the Honda 7000eu.

Comment

I run my 30 amp camper with 2 Honda EU 2000i..with a 14 gallon extended run fuel tank set up...
      It runs perfect, but if run the microwave I shut the AC off for that time, just so it wont trip...which isnt very often

Thinking about selling them, because I am going to a motor home

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
        If you have just one AC unit 15kbtu or less, you should be just fine with the 4400w tandem 2200 eu Hondas, unless you'll be running multiple space heaters, microwave, etc..during the winter.

If you really wanted to be sure, spend 2x the money and get the Honda 7000eu.
        Evidently if I had your money then I’d just throw mine away. Lol

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
        I run my 30 amp camper with 2 Honda EU 2000i..with a 14 gallon extended run fuel tank set up...
        It runs perfect, but if run the microwave I shut the AC off for that time, just so it wont trip...which isnt very often

Thinking about selling them, because I am going to a motor home
        I’ve seen a 6g setup. Tell me more about this 14g setup?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLongball View Post
          Evidently if I had your money then I’d just throw mine away. Lol

I’ve seen a 6g setup. Tell me more about this 14g setup?

I got on You tube and amazon and got the parts...

14 gallon tank...with special caps for the generators and marine quick connect fittings....pretty simple set up...
          These Hondas have a small fuel pump in them so they pull the fuel into the tank....

I can run the camper on 13 gallons for 24 to 26 hours

Comment

Thanks. I’ll look that up

Comment

I’ve ran 15k btu with 2 EU2000

I have two 6gallon extended run tanks each is a quick connect so takes two seconds to change them out.

To the guy that suggested 7k, try caring it and putting it in back of the truck... one handed

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                Same here.... Same set up..... Never an issue

Comment

Working...
                X