Stand and fill protein feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stand and fill protein feeders

Which brand is best ? I’m bouncing back and forth between All Seasons or a Krivoman . Atleast 600-1000 lbs. I would like for a timed feeder. What’s yalls thoughts ? Krivoman are pretty y’all, only delima for me.

Someone will jump in. There was a new one out this past year that looked good. Controls were on top and motor encased in a pipe. You can probably find it with a search.

Comment

I searched for a bit, maybe I missed it

Comment

Mighty buck/midget I think. found it here

Comment

I'm gonna look at them when I need my next. I had just purchased a 600# AS.

Comment

Any body have experience with the all season stand and fill timed protein feeders?

Comment

I have the allseason timed 900# trough type feeder. Really like it. I don't think krivo makes a stand and fill protein

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                Any body have experience with the all season stand and fill timed protein feeders?
                I'm looking at this one as well, but haven't heard any feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                  I have the allseason timed 900# trough type feeder. Really like it. I don't think krivo makes a stand and fill protein
                  Jack is this the one?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	24525709

Comment

I bought one of the Game Winner stand and fills from academy. I’m two years in and it’s been flawless. I’d recommend checking them out. They have a 300 and 600lb version. Love that is has a place to view corn levels with out walking out to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

AS makes a good feeder. No complaints. I did swap out the spinner plate for eliminator due to squirrels getting in the cage.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                        Yes, I had to learn and the deer had to learn. There is four baffles that dump into 4 feeding trays. A normal ASF spinner is underneath the hopper. It will spin and fill each baffle. As the deer eat the protein out of the trays the protein will trickle out of the baffle into the tray.

I can tell you the pros and cons.

Pros:
                        1.) The system will save a lot of money in protein costs, because coons will not rake it out on the ground.

2.) Very easy on the back to fill and fairly maintenance free.

3.) 4 trays with easy access for deer and also has weep holes in trays.

4.) motor and spinner unit is underneath the hopper and out of the elements.

5.) Set the timer to dump protein at 6 am for 10 seconds, this will fill baffles and the deer learn to feed the same as the corn feeders. Typically the feeder will be emptied by noon and you can dump another 3 seconds for afternoon. By dark the trays are empty and the coons are angry.

Cons:
                        1.) You got a motor, battery and timer one of which will go bad sooner or later.

2.) I had to elevate my feeder by 4 inches so the deer could access the trays better.

3.) During our humid months protein will cake inside baffles if you do not keep an eye on it, there is no access panels to the baffles so you take a piece of barb wire and rake out the chunks. Once you master the amount of protein to dump this problem will go away.

4.) The all metal hopper will sweat in the summer and protein will cake or spoil. Do not fill hopper full during high humidity months, I typically keep it half full and keep a desiccant dryer in the hopper at all times and no longer have this issue.

5.) It is not a free choice feeder and if you have lots of deer hitting it some poor soul will not get their fair share.
                        Last edited by Radar; 12-31-2017, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Radar thanks for the review.

Comment

I have two free choice feeders (300lbs each) and one ASF timed feeder. The free choice ones will be emptied in two weeks and the ASF will still have plenty. The coons will rake the protein out of the free choice ones wasting our money. And yes I kill coons regularly but they are like hogs, you never run out of them.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	24525713

What about the lamco? Anybody

Comment

Working...
                              X