Ford 250 Broken into near Bass Pro in San Antonio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford 250 Broken into near Bass Pro in San Antonio

Just a heads us for anyone who lives or visits San Antonio and goes around The Rim or La Cantera areas, They are targeting the newer ford trucks. I had mine broken in to while we were eating at Lupes right behind Bass Pro tonight and they stole my pistol which was in my center console which was locked. They have a way to easily brake the door handles and get in with out the alarms going off and are able to this in seconds. There are really ****ty people around here.

Dang. Hate to hear it. Seems like there has been a lot of TBH'er trucks broken into/ stolen from around BPS in SA.
    Last edited by BJ DUPLECHAIN; 06-11-2021, 09:51 PM.

Comment

It sucks, but this isn’t anything new to the Fords or area. Keep your head on a swivel!

Comment

There’s had to have been thousands of trucks broken into in that shopping center. You would think a competent PD would be able to address the issue. Sorry you got hit. That’s a ****ting feeling of being violated and infuriating beyond words.

Comment

When he told me that a truck is stolen and 10-15 are broken in to every day, i asked, "then why the hell don't you have multiple officers out here working the area watching for this?" and of course he say they are doing their best. But yes it is a crappy feeling for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by BJ DUPLECHAIN View Post
            Dang. Hate to hear it. Seems like there has been a lot of TBH'er trucks broken into/ stolen from around BPS in SA.
            For sure---this is a vehicle burglary hot spot. The hotels along I-35 in New Braunfels too and more so with tubing season upon us.

Comment

Locking your truck and console is not effective. Pack it or leave it at home. Lock it in your tool box hide it somewhere else console is the first place they look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I almost put it in the tool box but then my wife said oh look the center console locks and we just put it there. I haven't this truck very long and its already my first vehicle to get hail damage and broken in to. Not a good start lol

Comment

Yep, a daily occurrence there unfortunately and sapd ain’t gonna do jack crap about it. Luckily my tundra hasn’t been messed with but I don’t leave my pistols in my truck at any moment. I get out and it goes with me. Had my f250 work truck broken into in 2018 and all sapd did was take a statement and never heard from them again. Sorry to hear that happened to you!

Comment

Nothing good ever happened to me in SA so I don’t go there.

Comment

Curious if this would help others but one possible common aspect is they seem to watch the lot and when the passengers exit the vehicle and enter their destination restaurant or whatever, they hit fast.
                      Wondering how many could be caught if they watch the vehicle a few minutes after first entering the building of destination. Wondering this because I've had friends f250 stolen immediately when entering Lowes. In some cases they must be scouting the lot.

Comment

Jimmyjammers

Comment

Mine was broken into at Cracker Barrel not long ago just down the road from there at lunchtime. When I repaired the lock assembly I replaced the handle w a passenger side door handle, so no key lock to pry open anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradical BH View Post
                            There’s had to have been thousands of trucks broken into in that shopping center. You would think a competent PD would be able to address the issue. Sorry you got hit. That’s a ****ting feeling of being violated and infuriating beyond words.
                            The key word here, is "competent"..................
                            Besides,...... car theft,(or property) ain't even on a cops radar............
                            Secondly, ........ being a cop, don't pay much these days................

Comment

SAPD could easily do the "bait car" thing for a few weeks and catch the main ones. Unless of course the thieves are paying off the cops. Think MEXICO govt. corruption north of our border.

Comment

Working...
                              X