Pool/Beer cart for my wife’s birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pool/Beer cart for my wife’s birthday

My wife wanted a “pool cart” so she could load up snacks and drinks for when we have parties and when the kids are swimming in the summer so that she didn’t have to keep running inside for refills. I don’t know what a pool cart is, but I do know how to weld, and by weld, I mean glue metal together good enough that it won’t fall apart but not so good that someone would be dumb enough to pay me.

Made it from 1” tubing, 1.5” angle, and 2” flat. All 1/8” thick, so it’s sturdy as all get out. Heavier than it needs to be, but it rolls smooth thanks to the high dollar casters I used. It’s almost perfectly flat, but I did have to shim one wheel with some 22ga sheet metal. I used too thin diamond plate and wish I’d gone with considerably thicker material. I also learned that when they call something a “sheet metal screw” that does not mean it will self tap into a pilot hole in 1/8” material. What it means is that if you try doing that, you’ll shear the head off the screw. Several times. RTIC was 25% off and will hopefully keep the ice so that one bag can be used all weekend.

As far as build quality and fit up and preventing distortion, this is the best thing I’ve ever made. As far as elegant styling or smooth lines...still some learning to do there. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by txpitdog; 03-30-2019, 11:16 AM.

Looks good

Comment

Man, I like that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There you go buddy! Looking good

Comment

Turned out good!

Comment

Nice!

I know a lady who can put a full color logo on the lid of the cooler

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

That thing is slick!

Comment

Looks great- I thought the picture was of the model you were going to attempt to make.

Comment

Sweet

Comment

You know they say a little paint goes a long way. Looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post

As far as build quality and fit up and preventing distortion, this is the best thing I’ve ever made. As far as elegant styling or smooth lines...still some learning to do there. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      Is Mrs. txpitdog happy with her pool cart?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Is Mrs. txpitdog happy with her pool cart?
                        Yes she was. I was worried that it came out more industrial looking than I intended but she digs it. I will probably swap out the aluminum diamond plate for steel and have it chromed for her. Really not happy with the wimpiness of the aluminum.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                          Yes she was.

Ya nailed it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X