Property Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
    Arkansas counties are slightly different in the way they handle their records. Stop at the AD office when you can. Before you go, you need to find out how the property is taxed (who owns the tract by record title, not the individual/entity paying the taxes).

AD should be able to give you a deed reference at a minimum, which can lead you to metes and bounds. If I remember correctly, Lafayette County still has "blue line" plats you can buy, which should show the property's boundary lines fairly accurately. Finding them on the ground can be a different challenge all together.
    Thanks for the info.

Is there a web site where i can view these blue line plats?

Comment

Not without registering.

I doubt their site is helpful. In person, you should be able to find whatever you need. Just be sure to have the record owner's name when you go in.

Comment

I have known a few people with undivided interest in a piece of property and for them it was a nightmare. Each one thought they ruled the property and could never agree on anything. Good luck to you and best wishes

Comment

Originally posted by doright View Post
          I have known a few people with undivided interest in a piece of property and for them it was a nightmare. Each one thought they ruled the property and could never agree on anything. Good luck to you and best wishes
          No power struggles on the property, just want to make sure we don't go trespassing. As well as we are curious to see how much land there actually is. We have ridden the atv's out there a number of time and never had a problem in regards to disturbing anyone. This family has enjoyed this property for years, its an awesome place to get away from the grind. It has a nice size pond that holds good fish. deer population is good and we might hunt it some day, the pigs are thick and we'll be attempting take a few of the to the grill.

Comment

This is somewhat confusing. How did he inherit the Cabin? Via a will? Did he not also inherit the land under the cabin? If this is his family's land, how can he not know who owns it? Someone in the family has to be paying taxes and should have some legal description of the property, or generally know the boundaries.

Good luck.

Comment

Arkansas will be Township, Section and Range
              with a division of the section(640 acres). I have plat books for Lafayette from 2003 that may help. Just remember boundary lines will come from know points. Fences or paint can be lines but maybe not. First post, forester, this is the stuff I do all the time. Holler if you need me.

Comment

Originally posted by timberking View Post
                Arkansas will be Township, Section and Range
                with a division of the section(640 acres). I have plat books for Lafayette from 2003 that may help. Just remember boundary lines will come from know points. Fences or paint can be lines but maybe not. First post, forester, this is the stuff I do all the time. Holler if you need me.

Hey Timberking, Is it possible to give you a location and determine the plat sections in the area? We are going to speak to the neighbors who live just north of the property to see if they can help us determine any lines.
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  This is somewhat confusing. How did he inherit the Cabin? Via a will? Did he not also inherit the land under the cabin? If this is his family's land, how can he not know who owns it? Someone in the family has to be paying taxes and should have some legal description of the property, or generally know the boundaries.

Good luck.
                  Burnadell, He inherited the cabin and a sum of money from his fathers will to complete the work cabin. What is actually owned as far as land im not sure. My friend is going to be talking with the caretaker to learn more about the taxes and legal desrciption of property.
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                    This is somewhat confusing. How did he inherit the Cabin? Via a will? Did he not also inherit the land under the cabin?
                    Possibly he inherited undivided interest in the property? Which means everybody else owns the cabin as well.

Comment

Give me a location and I can narrow it down.

Comment

Working...
                      X