Crappie thread 2020!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
    36 solid keepers this afternoon on Belton. 4 fish right at 6 lbs total is a personal best for me on Belton!
    Nice! That sure is a pretty lake. 10.24 on 7 is my best there. Thought that was gonna be good enough. Oh well. Take more than that now I’m sure.

Comment

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
      36 solid keepers this afternoon on Belton. 4 fish right at 6 lbs total is a personal best for me on Belton!
      Very nice

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
        Went to Moss today. It’s was sloooooow. Couldn’t find em shallow. Couldn’t find them on brush. And they ain’t on timber. Some days it’s just like that I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Yes sir some days can be tough. Sometimes you zig when you should have zag.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          She got photo lessons from bill dance

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
          I thought her that [emoji23] but she was putting it out on the side.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
            Im still trying to figure out how in the heck you landed her, forget the fish and everyone thought you posted a random girl on the that thread about our ladies! Come on snowflake! You got you a keeper for dang sure!
            Size matters [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Belton Lake

Originally posted by Slew View Post
              Nice! That sure is a pretty lake. 10.24 on 7 is my best there. Thought that was gonna be good enough. Oh well. Take more than that now I’m sure.
              It is a beautiful lake for sure, we are blessed to have her and Stillhouse right here close to home. Seems as if the crazy water fluctuation year we had last year has increased the size of the fish I target. IDK? we are having a good crappie and great catfish year for sure.

Comment

Finally found some on waco. Up in the thick stuff shallow. Fun morning.

Bad news is I'm down to my last few brush lunker jigs. Any of y'all recommend anything similar? They have like whiskers on them.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post

Bad news is I'm down to my last few brush lunker jigs. Any of y'all recommend anything similar? They have like whiskers on them.

Heck yeah!

Comment

Ramps

Originally posted by Flex View Post

Flex, what ramps are open at lake Waco? Congrats on the fish.

Comment

Any of you folks fish lake Lavon??? I am up here right now working at the little power plant right no the water and id love to get after em one afternoon but I know zero folks around here. I've got the gas, shiner and beer money!

Comment

Found a couple on raybob this morning. Walking the flooded banks, fighting the carp, and dropping a minnow in some deeper pockets. These were the 2 biggest. Brought 5 home, just enough for supper.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Im going out in the morning.....I'll take some pics and post them in the morning if successful...

Comment

This not having tapatak sucks. Had 60-70 today. Only 4-5 over 2. Best was a 2.25. Most ours were spawned out. Still beats work!

Comment

Belton Lake 4-8-20

The wife and I got 27 this afternoon in couple hours. She caught more than me. Has so much patience for jig fishing. I just don’t. Average size was way up from yesterday. Some were just spewing eggs. Great time to be on the lake!!
                              Attached Files

Comment

All this free time is killing me. I really wish I could work and just fish 3 days a week.
                                I have tied so many jigs I am running out of places to store them I have 5 big boxes loaded up.
                                Yesterday I tied a dozen 1/8 oz and 1/4oz all black with a rabbit fur tail. Hit the lake after lunch and caught 20 crappie and 6 big channel cats on them. I threw them all back as my freezer is full.
                                It is a great time of the year to be on the water for sure.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4200.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	24613651

Name:	IMG_4201.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	24613652

Name:	92545786_684719118968863_8446602088699396096_n.jpg