• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bear View Post
    I am flying a mavic pro now.....loving it
    Same here - Mavic is a blast to fly!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle19 View Post
      That’s pretty awesome. Yeah I would have to clarify scouting. Since it will be used mostly for waterfowl I won’t be getting close enough to ducks for it to matter. If I see some I don’t want to spook them, and they fly into my drone or something. More or less just looking at the terrain of the landscape to judge if it might be huntable or not. I think as long as I can show the video to the Gw I’m not chasing ducks or hunting them I think I should be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I know you mean in Texas, but I know Alaska, and I think New Mexico, don't allow you to hunt the same day you fly a drone or airplane, and I think Montana too. Doesn't matter if scouting or just for fun.

Also, a detailed log of when and how the drone is flown would be highly suggested, that way if a GW ever says I saw you fly it, and you have to argue that you weren't flying, you have the log to prove you didn't fly that day.

Comment

That mavic is awesome, I need me one of those

Comment

I have the Phantom 3 Advanced but it doesn’t have long enough battery life to do much scouting. It’s also noisy even at 400 ft elevation. I’d like to be able to locate feral hogs to do a stalk but haven’t been successful so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            That is a sweet video! Crazy!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
              That is a sweet video! Crazy!

X2

Comment

We have used drones when videoing for CARNIVORE for several years. Two years ago we went with the Yuneec Typhoons and have had much better luck with them than the DJI's. We crashed one in Canon de Chelley and it fell 250 feet on the rocks and was totally demolished. The boys crawled down and picked up what pieces that they could find and we sent them to Yuneec along with an explanation of what happened. They replaced it at no charge.
                Adios,
                Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                  We have used drones when videoing for CARNIVORE for several years. Two years ago we went with the Yuneec Typhoons and have had much better luck with them than the DJI's. We crashed one in Canon de Chelley and it fell 250 feet on the rocks and was totally demolished. The boys crawled down and picked up what pieces that they could find and we sent them to Yuneec along with an explanation of what happened. They replaced it at no charge.
                  Adios,
                  Gary

Originally posted by FriscoAg View Post
                  Same here - Mavic is a blast to fly!

What is the differences between the Mavic, yuneec, dji ?

Sent from my iPhone using Dilly Dilly!

Comment

DJI makes the Mavic and the Spark, great UAS !

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                      What is the differences between the Mavic, yuneec, dji ?

Sent from my iPhone using Dilly Dilly!
                      DJI and Yuneec are two different manufacturers. DJI makes the Mavic, along with the Spark and Phantom models. I don't know much about Yuneec.

I've been impressed with the DJI software. It is very user friendly, at least for a newbie like myself.

Comment

Just got the Mavic Pro and I've been very impressed with it as a first time user. Very easy to fly.

Comment

I hunted on a high fence ranch and we had a hunter that used one. It was one of the top of the line models and it was really cool to see the view that it gave. How ever he would sit at camp and fly that thing all over the ranch and it the spooked animals. They would be feeding under the feeder and then take off like a shot. A few seconds later I would hear the drone fly by. It got old real fast

Comment

Use my DJI Mavic all the time at the ranch. We've shot all kinds of footage with it. Aerial shots of our lakes, recovery/tracking footage, etc.... they are an awesome tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used my Mavic to film some target practice.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI5MYh_05Es"]Target Practice on Pumpkins Filmed with DJI Mavic Drone - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

We haven't used our phantoms for hunting but we have used them to deploy baits while surf fishing. We have run baits out to 500yards. Last August we made a trip to Crystal beach ended the trip with 23 red fish over 37" and roughly 75 sharks all under 35". It's a blast we were using 5oz weights an 6-8oz of bait. Flew them out like a champ. We would get about three drops on one battery.

Comment

Working...
                                X