No announcement yet.

HF farm animals, cheesey Africa hunts and Nick Nolte

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where the ef is 1369 with the hoola-hoops?

Comment

and for the record, i work on a high fence / low fence ranch. ive seen all shapes and kinds come and hunt. everyone has left with a huge smile. it does take money thats a fact. the most memorable was a 77yr old gentleman that rolled up in a brand new range rover with a set of $2500 swarovski binos sitting on the seat. i couldnt imagine meeting a nicer man. he didnt get around real good and he was pretty happy that his immobility would be accomodated at the ranch. he took 5 trophy animals and his adult son took a non trophy. ill let yall guess on the amount of money he spent there that weekend. and fyi, its roughly 1700 acres high fenced and there are bucks that have only been caught on trail cams and never seen by the human eye.

Comment

I honestly have no problem with high fence hunting. However I believe it is horrible for hunting. You have to remember that there are 3 groups of people when it comes to hunting.. Those who hunt, those who are against it and then the overwhelming majority that are on the fence about it. These are the people we need to be converting and not pushing away. When these people see some rich guy posing with a 200"+ deer that is obviously a fenced deer, I could see that pushing them more to the non hunting side. Trophy hunting and shooting animals for sport is a huge factor in pushing people away from hunting. Alot of people will say screw those people I dont care what they think. Well look at B.C. They just took away Grizzly hunting for no other reason than public opinion

Comment

Originally posted by black dallas View Post
          and for the record, i work on a high fence / low fence ranch. ive seen all shapes and kinds come and hunt. everyone has left with a huge smile. it does take money thats a fact. the most memorable was a 77yr old gentleman that rolled up in a brand new range rover with a set of $2500 swarovski binos sitting on the seat. i couldnt imagine meeting a nicer man. he didnt get around real good and he was pretty happy that his immobility would be accomodated at the ranch. he took 5 trophy animals and his adult son took a non trophy. ill let yall guess on the amount of money he spent there that weekend. and fyi, its roughly 1700 acres high fenced and there are bucks that have only been caught on trail cams and never seen by the human eye.
          This is the honest truth, I hope that business grows and I sincerely hope you get rich as **** working there.

One question.

How many 77yo guys with a brand new Range Rover and $2500 Swarovski binos pay to kill 5 trophy animals on the low fence side?

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
            I honestly have no problem with high fence hunting. However I believe it is horrible for hunting. You have to remember that there are 3 groups of people when it comes to hunting.. Those who hunt, those who are against it and then the overwhelming majority that are on the fence about it. These are the people we need to be converting and not pushing away. When these people see some rich guy posing with a 200"+ deer that is obviously a fenced deer, I could see that pushing them more to the non hunting side. Trophy hunting and shooting animals for sport is a huge factor in pushing people away from hunting. Alot of people will say screw those people I dont care what they think. Well look at B.C. They just took away Grizzly hunting for no other reason than public opinion
            Maybe true but that’s what all but maybe .5% of people here are doing is hunting for sport. Not many of or maybe none here on this site actually have to do it to survive. We do this because it’s fun for us

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              Maybe true but that’s what all but maybe .5% of people here are doing is hunting for sport. Not many of or maybe none here on this site actually have to do it to survive. We do this because it’s fun for us

I agree but it’s all about perception. And like it or not the perception is that high fenced hunts are canned hunts. Guys show up and pull the trigger. I know that is not always true, but Linda down the street that sees a pic on social media doesn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree but it’s all about perception. And like it or not the perception is that high fenced hunts are canned hunts. Guys show up and pull the trigger. I know that is not always true, but Linda down the street that sees a pic on social media doesn’t.

True. Worst reaction I’ve ever had was a lady asking about my trip in Houston when I was headed back from Africa and her hearing I shot a zebra. I thought she was gonna flip **** in the middle of everyone. “Pretty” animals are worse than canned hunts I think

Comment

I think 99% of y'all just don't get it! Smh!! Almost everyone of the responses here go like this " well I'm not knocking HF/lf/Breeders/ whatever your hunting but it's not really hunting because well it's just not". Your personal ideals of hunting are that just yours, something that was instilled in you by your fathers and grandfathers and no one is trying to take that from you. Your views on your type of hunting are right but where the problem is when y'all try to instill your ideals on another person and their views on hunting. We are talking about how someone try's to spend their time outdoors and provide their family with meat on the table. We are not talking about social issues where a fetus is killed so don't even try to bring that anywhere close to this argument. If a guy wants to write a check for X dollars to spend a few days in the field with a good or better chance of harvesting a buck than so be it! If a guy wants to spend his time scouting out his favorite public land spot and hunt 30 straight days to kill a buck so be it. If a guy wants to spend $1500 on a lease and take his kids three times during the year to shoot off his tags so be it! It's all hunting it's all hunting! If reading through this thread doesn't open your eyes to the division in our sport that we all love I don't know what will and God help us all with the preservation of this great sport.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by justin156bc View Post
                      I think 99% of y'all just don't get it! Smh!! Almost everyone of the responses here go like this " well I'm not knocking HF/lf/Breeders/ whatever your hunting but it's not really hunting because well it's just not". Your personal ideals of hunting are that just yours, something that was instilled in you by your fathers and grandfathers and no one is trying to take that from you. Your views on your type of hunting are right but where the problem is when y'all try to instill your ideals on another person and their views on hunting. We are talking about how someone try's to spend their time outdoors and provide their family with meat on the table. We are not talking about social issues where a fetus is killed so don't even try to bring that anywhere close to this argument. If a guy wants to write a check for X dollars to spend a few days in the field with a good or better chance of harvesting a buck than so be it! If a guy wants to spend his time scouting out his favorite public land spot and hunt 30 straight days to kill a buck so be it. If a guy wants to spend $1500 on a lease and take his kids three times during the year to shoot off his tags so be it! It's all hunting it's all hunting! If reading through this thread doesn't open your eyes to the division in our sport that we all love I don't know what will and God help us all with the preservation of this great sport.
                      I think the thing that it comes down to is that high fence hunting, deer breeders, kick and shoot operations have the potential to hurt hunting overall. You don't think so, but a lot of people do, including non-hunters (not anti-hunters) who oppose such things. The the extent that these things can hurt hunting, I don't really know. That is what is up for debate, it is not that people want to dictate how others choose to spend their time.

Comment

Kdog, what might seem as a black eye to one is the opportunity for a guy to open the eyes of his kids to a sport we all love. Having a HF and or a breeding operation doesn't mean that the act of hunting doesn't exist on those places. When one takes a stance against one form of hunting whether you agree or not you are ultimately opening the door for your form to be next on the docket to be regulated out that's my whole point. You can't just say this one is okay and that one isnt without harming your own. Looking at the big picture within this thread people would rather fight amongst each other about what is right and what's wrong than to stand up and say you know what to heck with it let's fight the anti hunting crowd instead of each other.

Comment

Originally posted by justin156bc View Post
                          Kdog, what might seem as a black eye to one is the opportunity for a guy to open the eyes of his kids to a sport we all love. Having a HF and or a breeding operation doesn't mean that the act of hunting doesn't exist on those places. When one takes a stance against one form of hunting whether you agree or not you are ultimately opening the door for your form to be next on the docket to be regulated out that's my whole point. You can't just say this one is okay and that one isnt without harming your own. Looking at the big picture within this thread people would rather fight amongst each other about what is right and what's wrong than to stand up and say you know what to heck with it let's fight the anti hunting crowd instead of each other.

The problem with your logic is it wouldn’t matter if every hunter in the world banded together and said, “ya there is nothing wrong with shooting pinned up deer”. All that’s gonna do is push them farther to the anti side. Lol you have to look at it from the view of someone who either doesn’t understand hunting or doesn’t know anything about it.

Last edited by JTeLarkin08; 01-02-2018, 10:04 PM.

Comment

I’ll play devils advocate here. The big time western hunters such as Rinella and the the like claim that their way is the real way to hunt. What I see, with those guys, is that they are invited to or hire outfitters that take them to prescouted areas and then they hunt. They are hunting over food or water. They know what animals are there and make a choice to shoot or not based on the information the outfitter gives.

I also see those guys hunting in their home state on govt land. They hang cameras on water holes and food sources. Then chose the animal they are going to hunt. None of it is that different.

We all do what we think will give us the best opportunity to enjoy the time we have. High fence hunting to me is more about time than money. If I get one weekend a year then I dang sure want to see animals and have a high chance for success.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachStanton View Post
                              I’ll play devils advocate here. The big time western hunters such as Rinella and the the like claim that their way is the real way to hunt. What I see, with those guys, is that they are invited to or hire outfitters that take them to prescouted areas and then they hunt. They are hunting over food or water. They know what animals are there and make a choice to shoot or not based on the information the outfitter gives.

I also see those guys hunting in their home state on govt land. They hang cameras on water holes and food sources. Then chose the animal they are going to hunt. None of it is that different.

We all do what we think will give us the best opportunity to enjoy the time we have. High fence hunting to me is more about time than money. If I get one weekend a year then I dang sure what to see animals and have a high chance for success.

Lol you must not watch Rinella [emoji23]

Comment

JT this has nothing to do with pen deer, your opinions are getting in the way of logic. Can't make one post without referencing HF of Breeders! It's about saving the sport not about your opinion or mine. A picture of a lf buck or a picture of a dead HF buck is going to **** people off doesn't matter where it came from. The anti-hunter doesn't know if that deer came off a HF/lf or no fence and they don't give 2 craps where it came from. It's the way we represent the sport people not familiar with the sport don't know if a guy spent $100k on a deer or killed it on family land. It's the way you represent your self in the pictures that makes the difference. younthink the guys that spend $$$ on deer every year that are posted on FB are showing the entry and exit wounds of their animals? You think they post pictures of a bloody nose with the tongue hanging out or tailgate pictures like they do on TBH? Which of those is a better representation of the sport well thought out pictures of a big deer that's clean and looks good or the bloody pictures of someone's 120" 8pt on here just curious

Comment

Working...
                                X