AC hose help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC hose help

This summer my AC compressor froze up causing my Motorhome to throw a belt. Bypassed the AC and got it home and finally getting around to fixing it.
    When I pulled the line off the compressor it looks like all the threads from the aluminum compressor came off and stayed inside the hose fitting. I tried to pick them out with a pick but that's not working. Any ideas on how to clean the threads on the fitting? Or is it possible to cut the end and put on a new fitting? This is on a 400hp Cummins if it matters. New hose would be 40 ft long and that's if I can fish it from front to the back motor.

Try a helicoil insert

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
      Try a helicoil insert
      Will a helicoil work given that it has to thread back onto the compressor that was the same size that stripped?

Comment

Can u upload some pics?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe this?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

I assume your talking about the manifold hose?

Comment

Carlisle air in San Antonio made a hose for me. If there is that type of shop in your area I'm sure they could put a new fitting on it.

Comment

If you can verify what threads come on the new compressor. You can get an old style barbed ac fitting without the ferrule built onto it. Then get some good clamps
                And tighten the crap out of it. If you want pm me tomorrow we stock a lot of AC fittings I should be able to help.

Comment

Working...
                X