Closed Thread
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2021, 12:10 PM   #801
rvd
Ten Point
 
rvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Gulf Coast
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
The more Sark talks, I like him. Heís saying all the right words but comes across as humble and authentic but very confident. Almost 200 former Lettermen were on the call.

Nobody asked about the DC hire
Having life kick the **** out of you will definitely humble you, especially in the public manner in which he did. I'm pulling for him in a big way.
rvd is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-14-2021, 12:13 PM   #802
rvd
Ten Point
 
rvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Gulf Coast
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
Sounds like Golding will be or has been the DC hire.
Interesting, I like the Banks hire more.
rvd is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-14-2021, 12:17 PM   #803
Birddog66
Ten Point
 
Birddog66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Taylor
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
The more Sark talks, I like him. Heís saying all the right words but comes across as humble and authentic but very confident. Almost 200 former Lettermen were on the call.

Nobody asked about the DC hire
And couldn't be more clear about "the eyes of Texas". I like it, no more catering to the crybabies. .
Birddog66 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-14-2021, 12:50 PM   #804
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Well he's lasted longer than Tommy without stepping on his #$%^ so thats a step in the right direction
eradicator is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-14-2021, 01:09 PM   #805
Smell the Glove
Ten Point
 
Smell the Glove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvd View Post
Having life kick the **** out of you will definitely humble you, especially in the public manner in which he did. I'm pulling for him in a big way.
Getting these guys to leave Alabama is a great sign that they have faith that Sark has his stuff under control. Exciting time for that school.
Smell the Glove is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-14-2021, 01:26 PM   #806
Heath
Pope & Young
 
Heath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Cool places with Cool people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smell the Glove View Post
Getting these guys to leave Alabama is a great sign that they have faith that Sark has his stuff under control. Exciting time for that school.
This is something I have been thinking about as well. Look I have no idea if Sark will work out, but if the coaches at Bama are willing to leave and follow him then they have faith in him. I do understand most of those guys are getting pay raises as well, so that is not lost on me but I do think it shows the believe in Sark as well.
Heath is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-14-2021, 01:31 PM   #807
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
This is something I have been thinking about as well. Look I have no idea if Sark will work out, but if the coaches at Bama are willing to leave and follow him then they have faith in him. I do understand most of those guys are getting pay raises as well, so that is not lost on me but I do think it shows the believe in Sark as well.
I wonder what it says about how much longer Saban wants to keep going..
Dale Moser is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-14-2021, 01:49 PM   #808
Heath
Pope & Young
 
Heath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Cool places with Cool people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
I wonder what it says about how much longer Saban wants to keep going..

Iím sure that could be part of it. I did see an interview with Sabanís wife and she said he was a train wreck when he was quarantined at home and away from the team. She told him he needed to go back to work. That may have given him a slight look into retirement even though he was still very involved.
Heath is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-14-2021, 02:15 PM   #809
El General
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Coke County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
I wonder what it says about how much longer Saban wants to keep going..
Coaching for Saban has always been very, very difficult for the staff. He is a very demanding dude. Coaches go there because it is an amazing opportunity to work for the GOAT and learn how they do things at the top program in all of college football.

I think what it mainly means is that some of his coaches are willing to go somewhere that they will have similar resources and get paid more money to work for a guy that seems a little more laid back. Also, for the defensive guys, getting out of Nick's shadow and having success at Texas is a good way to get a head coaching or coordinator gig.

I think hiring Bill O'Brien as OC probably had something to do with Banks having a change of heart. BOB is a world class azzhole and someone that nobody wants to work for.
El General is online now   Back To The Top
Old 01-14-2021, 03:48 PM   #810
MarkV
Pope & Young
 
MarkV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Franklin
Default

Sumlin the next one to go to Saban’s coaching rehab school?
MarkV is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-14-2021, 04:28 PM   #811
Pin Oak DXT
Pope & Young
 
Pin Oak DXT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Hunt In: Wharton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
Sumlin the next one to go to Sabanís coaching rehab school?

I wouldnít be surprised.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pin Oak DXT is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-14-2021, 05:42 PM   #812
Bullseye07
Ten Point
 
Bullseye07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Celina
Hunt In: Leon/Freestone Cos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
I wouldnít be surprised.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heíd be a fool to not jump on that if the opportunity presented itself


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bullseye07 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-14-2021, 05:59 PM   #813
18ncs
Pope & Young
 
18ncs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Hunt In: Fayette Co., Greene Co.
Default

In Saban we Trust,
In Saban we Trust
😃
18ncs is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-14-2021, 06:10 PM   #814
El General
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Coke County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18ncs View Post
In Saban we Trust,
In Saban we Trust
😃
He is amazing.
El General is online now   Back To The Top
Old 01-14-2021, 06:28 PM   #815
Pin Oak DXT
Pope & Young
 
Pin Oak DXT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Hunt In: Wharton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye07 View Post
Heíd be a fool to not jump on that if the opportunity presented itself


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming he wants to continue coaching for 60K per year as an analyst. He doesnít need the money.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pin Oak DXT is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-14-2021, 06:39 PM   #816
Heath
Pope & Young
 
Heath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Cool places with Cool people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
Assuming he wants to continue coaching for 60K per year as an analyst. He doesnít need the money.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heís being considered a replacement for Banks as an on field coach. Banks was making $750K so not chump change even know Sumlin is set for life.

On the analyst job at Bama, Sark talked this morning about Major and his role as an analyst for him. Major was in charge of 3rd down, so thatís he focused on during the week. He would present the 3rd down plan to Sark and his staff and that was their plan they would go into the game with. I though it was cool to hear that his role was to focus on a single down. Thatís what these analyst do on staff.

He had great things to see about Major and knows he will do great as OC at South Alabama.
Heath is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-14-2021, 06:41 PM   #817
oktx
Pope & Young
 
oktx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wise County
Hunt In: Wise County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
Assuming he wants to continue coaching for 60K per year as an analyst. He doesnít need the money.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I always thought they did it for free just to be there and they usually donít need the money.
oktx is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-14-2021, 06:43 PM   #818
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO
Default

Meyers to the jags


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-14-2021, 07:13 PM   #819
oktx
Pope & Young
 
oktx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wise County
Hunt In: Wise County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
Meyers to the jags


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Texas change name of mascot?
oktx is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-14-2021, 07:24 PM   #820
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

I guess thatís sorta like taking a different college gig.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Chad C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-14-2021, 07:27 PM   #821
Pin Oak DXT
Pope & Young
 
Pin Oak DXT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Hunt In: Wharton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
Heís being considered a replacement for Banks as an on field coach. Banks was making $750K so not chump change even know Sumlin is set for life.

On the analyst job at Bama, Sark talked this morning about Major and his role as an analyst for him. Major was in charge of 3rd down, so thatís he focused on during the week. He would present the 3rd down plan to Sark and his staff and that was their plan they would go into the game with. I though it was cool to hear that his role was to focus on a single down. Thatís what these analyst do on staff.

He had great things to see about Major and knows he will do great as OC at South Alabama.
I didn't realize that. After losing 10 or 11 straight I assumed he had to go back to an analyst role. Good for him if he can get a position coaching job.
Pin Oak DXT is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-14-2021, 07:36 PM   #822
BigL
Pope & Young
 
BigL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Round Rock
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

I was meh on the Sark hire but the assistants that he's bringing and the more he talks, the more I like him.
BigL is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-14-2021, 07:39 PM   #823
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
Meyers to the jags


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's only one of him kinda like Joe.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-15-2021, 07:37 AM   #824
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

For whatever reason, in three seasons toting the rock. Ingram never could put it all together under Herman. All he sees in the headlines is Bijan and with him entering the transfer portal, it makes me wonder if another RB is about to join the squad.
Chad C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-15-2021, 07:49 AM   #825
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
For whatever reason, in three seasons toting the rock. Ingram never could put it all together under Herman. All he sees in the headlines is Bijan and with him entering the transfer portal, it makes me wonder if another RB is about to join the squad.
He had pretty good numbers didn't he? I never thought he was that bad but only saw him play a handful of times. Play calling prolly didnt help his case much..
eradicator is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-15-2021, 07:51 AM   #826
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
He had pretty good numbers didn't he? I never thought he was that bad but only saw him play a handful of times. Play calling prolly didnt help his case much..
It didn't hamper Bijan or RoJo. He's a good player, but he was falling down the depth chart. Hopefully he finds a place to reboot.
Chad C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-15-2021, 07:55 AM   #827
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
It didn't hamper Bijan or RoJo. He's a good player, but he was falling down the depth chart. Hopefully he finds a place to reboot.
I'm sure he'll land somewhere. Was he able to stay healthy or always banged up?
eradicator is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-15-2021, 07:58 AM   #828
Heath
Pope & Young
 
Heath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Cool places with Cool people
Default

He did have issues with being banged up and fumble issues. He is a good player and hopefully he lands in a spot he showcase his skill set, because he does have it.
Heath is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-15-2021, 08:02 AM   #829
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
He did have issues with being banged up and fumble issues. He is a good player and hopefully he lands in a spot he showcase his skill set, because he does have it.
How's his brother been doing since hes been on campus?
eradicator is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-15-2021, 08:08 AM   #830
CoolHandLuke
Ten Point
 
CoolHandLuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Del Rio
Default

Myles Jones is coming back for another season...

Who is the transfer that is headed to CStat?
CoolHandLuke is online now   Back To The Top
Old 01-15-2021, 08:23 AM   #831
Heath
Pope & Young
 
Heath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Cool places with Cool people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
How's his brother been doing since hes been on campus?
I believe was hurt in the first game of the season, didn't see the field until the bowl game. He had a really long catch in the bowl game. Basically we did not see much of him this year as a true freshman. I hope he stays because I think he will be great in Sark's offense.
Heath is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-15-2021, 08:25 AM   #832
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
I believe was hurt in the first game of the season, didn't see the field until the bowl game. He had a really long catch in the bowl game. Basically we did not see much of him this year as a true freshman. I hope he stays because I think he will be great in Sark's offense.
Is he a slot guy?
eradicator is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-15-2021, 08:25 AM   #833
oktx
Pope & Young
 
oktx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wise County
Hunt In: Wise County
Default

OU needs another RB. Wonder if he’d come?
oktx is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-15-2021, 08:35 AM   #834
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktx View Post
OU needs another RB. Wonder if heíd come?

The way he put the ball on the ground and dropped impact passes, I hope he does..
Smart is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-15-2021, 08:39 AM   #835
oktx
Pope & Young
 
oktx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wise County
Hunt In: Wise County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
The way he put the ball on the ground and dropped impact passes, I hope he does..
Nah, heíll get coached.
oktx is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-15-2021, 08:48 AM   #836
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktx View Post
Nah, he’ll get coached.

You can lead a horse to water...but.......
Smart is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-15-2021, 08:52 AM   #837
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

He had some good games as a Horn. Unfortunately two bad mistakes really stick out. I still blame the TCU fumble on Herman. He should have let Sam do his thing.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-15-2021, 08:54 AM   #838
Heath
Pope & Young
 
Heath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Cool places with Cool people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
Is he a slot guy?

Yes.

Texas rotated like 15 WRs this year so snaps were limited. I hope he stays cause I think his speed will get on the field with Sark.
Heath is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-15-2021, 09:22 AM   #839
Pin Oak DXT
Pope & Young
 
Pin Oak DXT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Hunt In: Wharton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
Myles Jones is coming back for another season...

Who is the transfer that is headed to CStat?
Wayna Morris - 5 start OT from Tennessee. He's in the portal. Looks like he will visit College Station and Norman. Jimbo had him committed at one time when he was at Florida State. We could use the help on the OL with all the Seniors departing.
Pin Oak DXT is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-15-2021, 09:31 AM   #840
Michael
Administrator
 
Michael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Home: Hallettsville, TX Photo/Video: Sony A7S III
Hunt In: Webb, LaSalle, Lavaca
Default

So Jones, Hansford and Peevy are returning seniors? All are starters and major contributors. Add Blades and Buckley back, as well. Anybody else still up in the air?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Michael is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-15-2021, 09:34 AM   #841
MarkV
Pope & Young
 
MarkV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Franklin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
Wayna Morris - 5 start OT from Tennessee. He's in the portal. Looks like he will visit College Station and Norman. Jimbo had him committed at one time when he was at Florida State. We could use the help on the OL with all the Seniors departing.
Is he the one who has a handler and only went to Tennessee because they had the highest bid?
MarkV is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-15-2021, 09:45 AM   #842
Pin Oak DXT
Pope & Young
 
Pin Oak DXT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Hunt In: Wharton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
Is he the one who has a handler and only went to Tennessee because they had the highest bid?
I am really not sure. Doesn't change the fact that we could use a veteran tackle. Come on down to CStat!
Pin Oak DXT is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-15-2021, 09:46 AM   #843
El General
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Coke County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
Heís being considered a replacement for Banks as an on field coach. Banks was making $750K so not chump change even know Sumlin is set for life.

On the analyst job at Bama, Sark talked this morning about Major and his role as an analyst for him. Major was in charge of 3rd down, so thatís he focused on during the week. He would present the 3rd down plan to Sark and his staff and that was their plan they would go into the game with. I though it was cool to hear that his role was to focus on a single down. Thatís what these analyst do on staff.

He had great things to see about Major and knows he will do great as OC at South Alabama.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
I didn't realize that. After losing 10 or 11 straight I assumed he had to go back to an analyst role. Good for him if he can get a position coaching job.
It is pretty common for coaches to have an offset clause in his buyout. So, whatever Bama pays him gets deducted from what Arizona is paying him. Not all coaching contracts do, but it is very common.

So, the position coach money isn't why Sumlin is there. It is to rehab his reputation and learn at the knee of the GOAT. For Bama, I am sure they want Sumlin on the recruiting trail, so he has to be a position coach instead of an analyst. Not only does he have a good reputation as a recruiter and extensive relationships with Texas high school coaches, but being able to tell kids that your position coach is a former head coach is a great selling point across the board.

Also, Sumlin has never been a lead dog offensive coordinator and generally isn't regarded as a top X's and O's guy, so his usefulness as an analyst is probably down the list of the positives for Bama.
El General is online now   Back To The Top
Old 01-15-2021, 09:51 AM   #844
El General
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Coke County
Default

Keontay actually only had two fumbles in over 400 carries. That, along with one dropped TD pass against LSU, has tarnished his reputation. He was very good when healthy at Texas. He was also banged up quite a bit. Not a home run hitter, but has good vision, balance, good one cut guy, and a very good receiver out of the backfield.

His half brother Kelvontay Dixon is a guy that was getting reports as a freshman on scout team and had a big play TD against Colorado. He has good track speed (10.6 100m in high school) and looks like a guy that could translate well to what Sark does. He was a Z receiver for Herman, not a slot guy.

Last edited by El General; 01-15-2021 at 09:54 AM.
El General is online now   Back To The Top
Old 01-15-2021, 10:10 AM   #845
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El General View Post
Keontay actually only had two fumbles in over 400 carries. That, along with one dropped TD pass against LSU, has tarnished his reputation. He was very good when healthy at Texas. He was also banged up quite a bit. Not a home run hitter, but has good vision, balance, good one cut guy, and a very good receiver out of the backfield.

His half brother Kelvontay Dixon is a guy that was getting reports as a freshman on scout team and had a big play TD against Colorado. He has good track speed (10.6 100m in high school) and looks like a guy that could translate well to what Sark does. He was a Z receiver for Herman, not a slot guy.

He had some decent runs but as a whole was a big bunch of meh for me. Didn't seem to run hard much taking what he was given...except a few outlier runs that made me think maybe he does have something.. I'm sure some had to do with injuries as it seemed his best games were after long layoffs (like a bowl game). But he was injured so often he didn't ever get to real good status for me...just ok.. RoJo definitely ran harder and seemingly had more want to than Keontay imo.... I'm glad its Keontay in the portal and not Rojo. Bijan seemingly is on a whole different level......and this kid from Halletsville might pass up Rojo if he transfers to the college game well.
Smart is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-15-2021, 10:46 AM   #846
El General
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Coke County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
He had some decent runs but as a whole was a big bunch of meh for me. Didn't seem to run hard much taking what he was given...except a few outlier runs that made me think maybe he does have something.. I'm sure some had to do with injuries as it seemed his best games were after long layoffs (like a bowl game). But he was injured so often he didn't ever get to real good status for me...just ok.. RoJo definitely ran harder and seemingly had more want to than Keontay imo.... I'm glad its Keontay in the portal and not Rojo. Bijan seemingly is on a whole different level......and this kid from Halletsville might pass up Rojo if he transfers to the college game well.
Roschon is one of the toughest, hardest running dudes I have seen. It isn't much of a knock on Keontay that he didn't run as hard as Roschon. Keontay wasn't a world beater and he definitely was going to be limited in carries this year, so I understand why he wants to move on. Good luck to the kid.

The Halletsville kid isn't going to pass RoJo up for carries when Texas needs tough yards.
El General is online now   Back To The Top
Old 01-15-2021, 11:07 AM   #847
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El General View Post
Roschon is one of the toughest, hardest running dudes I have seen. It isn't much of a knock on Keontay that he didn't run as hard as Roschon. Keontay wasn't a world beater and he definitely was going to be limited in carries this year, so I understand why he wants to move on. Good luck to the kid.

The Halletsville kid isn't going to pass RoJo up for carries when Texas needs tough yards.

I'm suggesting as good a runner as that kid is he might eventually surpass Rojo in the rotation... not just short gains.
Smart is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-15-2021, 11:26 AM   #848
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

Meyer snatching up former Texas coaches. Strong and Ash are rumordered to be headed to the NFL.
Chad C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-15-2021, 12:23 PM   #849
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
Meyer snatching up former Texas coaches. Strong and Ash are rumordered to be headed to the NFL.
Dumb move by Urban. He'll fail like Saban and won't be able to come back and win 3-4 championships.

I hope he falls on his ****.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-15-2021, 12:27 PM   #850
rvd
Ten Point
 
rvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Gulf Coast
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
So Jones, Hansford and Peevy are returning seniors? All are starters and major contributors. Add Blades and Buckley back, as well. Anybody else still up in the air?
What about the DE Clemons?
rvd is offline   Back To The Top
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com