Who's city is doing OK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's city is doing OK?

We are iced in pretty good and had been without water for about 24 hours, but overall I think Abilene isn't doing too bad for the circumstances. The power to all of out water treatment had got knocked out, but the city guys and the electric guys have been going pretty much nonstop for 24 hours and the water is starting to flow again. My house has been lucky and i have had power the whole time, but others have some outages, mostly intermittent, from what i gather. So while a little inconvenient, we have faired pretty well. I am sure our city boys have been getting their *** chewed, but I don't think they are doing too bad really.

So, anyone else's city fairing ok, all things considered?

SA is good from my house. Got water, electricity, and 3 grandkids running wild. Spectrum internet is sketchy.

Comment

We had one round of rolling blackout in Lubbock this morning, but that's been the only service disruption. Gas and water have been fine. When this all started last Wednesday, the ice was earlier than expected and lots of wrecks. By Thursday, the loop was treated and clear and has pretty much been OK. New snow falling now though. I'd say that's been a pretty good outcome based on some of the stories I'm seeing from other places.

Comment

My area in Granbury for the last 48 hours we have been power off for 30 min then on for about 45 min. Been like that pretty consistently. So far water has been ok.

Comment

East Burleson (out of city limits). Power and water has been fine (Co-Op) Generator has been fired up some to help with the power strain. Do have truck issues, F350 6.0, believe to be diesel gelling, just got the last jug of Howes in this area, shared it with two other guys in the parking lot. Trying to get truck warmed up enough to circulate the anti-gel.

Comment

Llano proper has been flawless

Comment

Doing ok here in Cedar Creek.

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
                Llano proper has been flawless
                That’s funny because 300 yards west of the city limits I ain’t had power since yesterday afternoon.

Comment

My area, Fair oaks ranch area has power but no water. Roads are ok to drive on if you have 4 wheel drive.

Comment

Originally posted by KenWood View Post
                    That’s funny because 300 yards west of the city limits I ain’t had power since yesterday afternoon.
                    City power is still good. Ctec has been out in 60percent of the county. I’ve got my generator ready just in case but haven’t needed it

Comment

NW SA(Helotes area) our power has been on for about 4.5hrs now. we went just a tad over 12hrs without. came back on this morning at about 10ish.

Comment

Castroville area has been good for us, water and power has been on the entire time. Tons of people lined up outside of HEB off Potranco this morning, no idea what that was about.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
                          We had one round of rolling blackout in Lubbock this morning, but that's been the only service disruption. Gas and water have been fine. When this all started last Wednesday, the ice was earlier than expected and lots of wrecks. By Thursday, the loop was treated and clear and has pretty much been OK. New snow falling now though. I'd say that's been a pretty good outcome based on some of the stories I'm seeing from other places.
                          I would agree, Lubbock has faired well. But we are better equipped for this sort of weather so we should have done well. Surface streets were slick in spots this morning, but that is just part of ice, no different than northern cities of the same size etc

Comment

and just like that the power is out again

Comment

Sucking arse in belton area, black outs Sunday night lost power at 6 pm lastnight still nothing so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X