Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poachers on Ft Riley Kansas caught

Sorry sacks of crap

After years of investigations involving multiple agencies, Gregory Frikken, James Nunley, and Michael Smith have pleaded guilty to federal charges of trespassing and illegally harvesting whitetails in Fort Riley, Kansas. According to a press release from the U.S. Attorney’s Office, the trio had been...

And if I read that right the three of them are gonna pay $7,000 each for years of poaching. Sounds like a cheap Kansas lease to me. That’s probably the reason this crap keeps happening, not enough penalty when they’re caught.

Comment

Sounds like they just got a slap on the wrist! Should loose their hunting rights for life!!

Comment

Spent 4 years there, saw lots of huge deer and the elk on post. They should be in jail for along time

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
          Spent 4 years there, saw lots of huge deer and the elk on post. They should be in jail for along time
          Where did you see them? I’d guess near the tank range. I always looked for them when visiting my kids but only saw some deer.

Comment

Always makes me laugh when I read the took a poachers hunting priviledges away for the next "X" years.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              Always makes me laugh when I read the took a poachers hunting priviledges away for the next "X" years.

Exactly. Like that’s gonna stop them.

Comment

I like how they took the time to hang nails on the porch pillars to display their trophys.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                  Where did you see them? I’d guess near the tank range. I always looked for them when visiting my kids but only saw some deer.
                  On the training areas. We would wake up and they would be hanging out watching us.

Comment

Glad that they were caught, but really seems like insignificant fines and punishment for the amount of resources used to catch them. That's a shame!

Comment

I hate poachers

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                        And if I read that right the three of them are gonna pay $7,000 each for years of poaching. Sounds like a cheap Kansas lease to me. That’s probably the reason this crap keeps happening, not enough penalty when they’re caught.
                        Spot on!

Comment

Cheap lease is right!
                          There’s no way that covers even the cost of the investigation.
                          As long as penalties are light it’ll keep happening.

Comment

Why not jail time for something like this?

Comment

Originally posted by Witchgrass View Post
                              Why not jail time for something like this?
                              You want them to face jail time for killing animals in a country where the government will pay to have your baby killed...don’t have too much common sense here, but I’m right there with you.

Comment

Working...
                              X