No announcement yet.

Let’s see your TC pistols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone run a suppressor on their contender pistols?

Comment

Let’s bring this up and start a tc only thread. Just got my contenders and I’m ready to learn!

Comment

Here are a few pics of mine.
        First up 357 max wearing a 2x leupold and pachmayr grips.
        Here is my 35 rem wearing 2x leupold and original wood.

44 mag with pachmayrs
        My fill collection other barrels are 30-30 and 45lc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Chris, your safe is gonna look like mine before long.

There are several models of that first Gen frame.

On that 35Rem; I've got one I got back in the late 1980s. Pending which barrel you've got, some shoot a very wide array of diameters. I've shot 9mm through 35cal projectiles out of mine. And up to 250gr Speer spitzers just for fun lobbing them at a 5 gallon gas can at 250 yards. Even run some .358" 158gr lead just for fun. Got a 1.5-4x20 LER Burris I mounted on it when I bought it. Not sure how many rounds I've had through that barrel.

Also Remington makes a factory 150gr spire point load that is very flat shooting. Shot my last pistol buck with it just under the chin at 101 yards cause he was facing me. Bang-plop . I've shot turkeys and a number of other things with it. I've got several boxes of 150gr 35 cal projectiles for reloading when I get back around to it. Got them from Mr Buzz Chambly of Fox River Outfitters back when they were in business.
          Last edited by Texas Grown; 02-06-2021, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Lol I kinda just dove into the the T/C scene not 1 but 3 lol, anyway my barrel is a tc super 14 on the 30-30/35 rem/and 357 max.

Trying to get the giant of shootings these things they are a little different than a rifle to say the least.

My first range day I was getting 1.5” groups with the 3 I mentioned at 50 yards but not as consistent as I’d like to be. I’m sure it’s just a learning curve. After 50 rounds of 35 rem and 357 max plus another 20 rounds of 30-30 my hand was pretty beat up.

Do you have a pet load for the 35 rem? I’m playing with the 200gr rn Sierra right now as I’ve got about 200 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Look for some 180gr in 35cal. Seems to be the most proficient. I don't have a pet load per say for that one. It's been more entertaining that way.

But my 10" bullbarrel .45/.410 I do. It's not real accurate past 30 yards. But puts a bad hurt-n on the hogs with a 250 XTP. Also doubles as a quail gun with the .410. Light and easy to carry too. Mine has the bull-barrel target sights on it and no vent-rib. Also got .41Mag. .357Mag, .44Mag, in 10Bull. And a 23" Bull-barrel in 7x30 with a rifle stock and forend for it. Can't remember what else right at the moment. Besides the various blueed frames I've own/owned, I do have a stainless frame that is pretty sweet. They also made some frames with a Duracoat that looks kinda like stainless, so don't be fooled.

Those triggers can be slicked up quite a bit. Bellm T/C used to have some good info on doing it. Or you can send it to him and get it done. Makes a huge difference in shooting. There are several things that can be done to improve accuracy with a frame and barrel combo.

If you get a chance, do some research on barrels and their lugs. And how the lugs have changed over the years. That way, when you pick a barrel up, you'll know pretty quick by looking at the lug what your holding.
              Last edited by Texas Grown; 02-06-2021, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Pictures above is also a 45lc/410 and 44mag both iron sights. I have not put the 45lc or 44 on paper yet waiting on some brass for the 44 and I just have some cowboy loads for the 45.

I have some 180 xtp sim playing with in the max that I could also use in the 35 rem. I sure wish we weren’t having the ammo shortages right now. I hate just shooting to shoot but man these are fun!

I plan on trying to get a hog soon with one the contenders, need more practice at 100yards just incase!

Comment

460 remington and my 30br

Here are both of mine. Both are awesome shooting pistols.
                  Attached Files

Comment

7/08 Encore with custom walnut/maple furniture. Had bench and hunting forends made to match my grip. This thing shoots WAY better than I do!Click image for larger version

Name:	20210129_210600.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	24642290

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Some awesome weapons you men have! Love the single shots...

Comment

These are some pretty looking pistols. Only ever had one, briefly. It was a 45/410 . Sold it to help fund my gunsmiths school.

I sold it quick before I could get attached to it.

It’s now one of those ones I wish I had never sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Man, this thread is makin' me want to dig mine out the safe and pop a few caps... Used to love to hunt/shoot these things... Have a bobcat mounted with a quail in his mouth... killed the cat with the super 14" in 223 125 yards and killed the quail with the .410/45 10" barrel... Longest shot ever was 196 yard head shot on a doe with the super 16 7-30 Waters... The .223 and 7-30 are topped with a 2.5-8X Leupolds. The 22LR super 14 is topped with a 4X leupold all ELR's... Have a fancy velvet lined custom case to hold the whole collection that I've been threatening to dig out of retirement and photograph and put up for sale on here... but haven't because I know I'd be kickin' myseff in the arse if I ever solt 'em... The thumb rest grip (have em for both frames) are even lefty... as are my hammer extensions...

That 7-30 is a letitimate 200 yard pistol... best group ever was .750" 5 shot at 200 yards off bags...

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00185-TC.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	24644347

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            Man, this thread is makin' me want to dig mine out the safe and pop a few caps... Used to love to hunt/shoot these things... Have a bobcat mounted with a quail in his mouth... killed the cat with the super 14" in 223 125 yards and killed the quail with the .410/45 10" barrel... Longest shot ever was 196 yard head shot on a doe with the super 16 7-30 Waters... The .223 and 7-30 are topped with a 2.5-8X Leupolds. The 22LR super 14 is topped with a 4X leupold all ELR's... Have a fancy velvet lined custom case to hold the whole collection that I've been threatening to dig out of retirement and photograph and put up for sale on here... but haven't because I know I'd be kickin' myseff in the arse if I ever solt 'em... The thumb rest grip (have em for both frames) are even lefty... as are my hammer extensions...

That 7-30 is a letitimate 200 yard pistol... best group ever was .750" 5 shot at 200 yards off bags...

[ATTACH]1039861[/ATTACH]
                            Slick if you ever part with some barrels I’d be interested in some! Awesome story on the successful use of these pistols!

Comment

Chris, if you have good equipment and ammo, the secret to accurate shooting is learning how to hold the firearm still on POA and break the shot smoothly... Personally, I find it easier, more comfortable doing that with these Contenders than most rifles... They have great triggers, the optics are far from your eye, you have a much better view of the big and small "picture" prior to the shot, and if you have a steady rest, to me, it's easier to shoot them accurately at some stretched out ranges...

I have a pistol perch that I fabricated out of aluminum that clamps to the window ledge of my gun stand. It has a sand bag for the butt of the pistol to sit on, and a fore-end bag that the front of the fore-end sits on that is adjustable... once I get it close to target, sliding it back and forth displaces sand in the sand bag on the butt untill it is dead on. Then just a gentle squeeze and BOOM!! No flinching, no getting "scoped", none of that stuff...

Bought the 410/45 barrel for dove hunting then found out that it is illegal to shoot doves with it... (Feds say it must be a shotgun fired from the shoulder) but It's been the death of many, many quail and even a couple turkeys...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                Chris, if you have good equipment and ammo, the secret to accurate shooting is learning how to hold the firearm still on POA and break the shot smoothly... Personally, I find it easier, more comfortable doing that with these Contenders than most rifles... They have great triggers, the optics are far from your eye, you have a much better view of the big and small "picture" prior to the shot, and if you have a steady rest, to me, it's easier to shoot them accurately at some stretched out ranges...

I have a pistol perch that I fabricated out of aluminum that clamps to the window ledge of my gun stand. It has a sand bag for the butt of the pistol to sit on, and a fore-end bag that the front of the fore-end sits on that is adjustable... once I get it close to target, sliding it back and forth displaces sand in the sand bag on the butt untill it is dead on. Then just a gentle squeeze and BOOM!! No flinching, no getting "scoped", none of that stuff...

Bought the 410/45 barrel for dove hunting then found out that it is illegal to shoot doves with it... (Feds say it must be a shotgun fired from the shoulder) but It's been the death of many, many quail and even a couple turkeys...
                                Thanks for the tips. I managed 1.5” groups at 50yards nothing impressive but there is a learning curve for sure. Your 100% right the triggers are great better than most rifles out there. Recoil management and grip are two things I need to improve on vastly. That will improve with more rounds down range.

I need to find me a 22lr barrel!

Comment

Working...
                                X