Wednesday weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday weather

The local news, as well as Texas Storm Chasers, are talking crazy storms likely in central Texas Wednesday afternoon and night. Like softball hail kinda stuff. For reference, I am in Temple.

Was wondering what the resident weather folk are seeing.

Will be hitting the hay here in a few, but wanted to get the conversation started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Extreme level 3 for my neck of the woods! Not looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
      Extreme level 3 for my neck of the woods! Not looking forward to it.

That’s what I have. Don’t like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All dependent on where the triple point ultimately sets up. At the very least a large hail event. Goose egg size and up. Large tornado outbreak with long lived tornados is possible

Comment

Born and raised in Texas and I HATE this time of year. I’ll be working Wednesday night and trying to decide if I’m going to drive my little gas saver like normal or take the truck in. It’s usually not as bad at work which is why I’m tempted to drive it. Plus sometimes I can squeeze it inside if it gets bad.

Comment

Weather man here missed it last time. Said all the extreme stuff would be to the north and east of us. Then we got hammered!!!
            So, take what they say with a grain of salt!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
              Weather man here missed it last time. Said all the extreme stuff would be to the north and east of us. Then we got hammered!!!
              Hope your family is safe we live west of franklin and got hit hard
              trees every where. Had four on my house and garage

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post

Hope your family is ok I live north of 79 and west of Franklin got hit pretty hard
                had four trees on my house, Son had trees on his house.
                My hay barn is flat. but we are still here thank God
                Last edited by clay4626; 04-16-2019, 08:01 AM.

Comment

No one really knows what these storms can and will do. They just get a good estimate using computer models. When those storms fire up they do whatever they want. Just watch the weather and be prepared for the worst hope for the best.

Comment

Already changing from yesterday and showing more Western areas of me in level 3. Take precautions and be ready because nobody really knows! I really hate the big storms rolling through at night.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                      Already changing from yesterday and showing more Western areas of me in level 3. Take precautions and be ready because nobody really knows! I really hate the big storms rolling through at night.
                      I agree,
                      The worst part of this coming front is that it will be in the very early morning hours. Most likely Midnight to 4 AM. I hope folks are prepared and are ready to take action in an instant if it comes to that.

Comment

I'm staying in a hotel in Mexia. At least I'm on the ground floor?

Comment

Severe weather, tornado, thunderstorm, fire weather, storm report, tornado watch, severe thunderstorm watch, mesoscale discussion, convective outlook products from the Storm Prediction Center.

Comment

If you're on twitter, follow reed timmer and look up some of the other weather geeks who were chasing last weekend. Their info, photos, maps, etc all get passed around twitter like wildfire when they see something interesting. It's the quickest way to find real-time info.

Comment

Originally posted by beefiedoubleoh View Post
                              If you're on twitter, follow reed timmer and look up some of the other weather geeks who were chasing last weekend. Their info, photos, maps, etc all get passed around twitter like wildfire when they see something interesting. It's the quickest way to find real-time info.
                              Will do. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X