Best Home Security System?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Home Security System?

Looking to install a home security system at the house, not looking for something overly expensive.

Yes I stay strapped [emoji379] lol and have 2 dogs but I work nights sometimes and have a baby girl on the way and being away has got me a little more stressed than normal. Have 2 ring spotlight cams but don’t feel like I can fully rely on them.

Any feedback on what y’all have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimpliSafe. I had there original system and now have the current updated system. You buy only the equipment you need and there’s no contract. You can have it monitored or go without. Takes about an hour to set it all up, pretty easy.

Comment

X2 on Simplisafe

Comment

Originally posted by crimson-talon View Post
        not looking for something overly expensive.
        AMHIK you don’t really want the “best.”

Comment

I've been looking too...simplisafe looks like best option for me so far

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Comment

Not a security system, but we bought a 6 pack of wireless wi-fi cameras and a little computer to record on from Lorex after having a close call opening my door and nearly getting shot by the police who were searching for a crashed car thief who had just run through the yard and was hiding in the neighbors shed. We get a text notification on our phones and we can replay a motion event that triggered the message and or watch it live. There’s audio, but I’ve never used it. The down side is climbing a ladder and rotating rechargeable batteries every few weeks. I’ll do a wired system when I re-side the house. The plus is no alarm permit, or false alarm police calls. After the police incident, I added LED lights around the house and garages so there’s no place to be without being seen ( nice for unpacking on Sunday nights and dealing with loading unloading trucks and trailers). The next project is to get all the lights able to be controllable from a phone.
            If you sign up for their emails, and are patient, they have some big sales.
            Last edited by Txtourist; 01-17-2021, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
              AMHIK you don’t really want the “best.”

Not looking to drop 5k for a security system [emoji23] best for the money* lol my bad man geez

Comment

Originally posted by Txtourist View Post
                Not a security system, but we bought a 6 pack of wireless wi-fi cameras and a little computer to record on from Lorex after having a close call opening my door and nearly getting shot by the police who were searching for a crashed car thief who had just run through the yard and was hiding in the neighbors shed. We get a text notification on our phones and we can replay a motion event that triggered the message and or watch it live. There’s audio, but I’ve never used it. The down side is climbing a ladder and rotating rechargeable batteries every few weeks. I’ll do a wired system when I re-side the house. The plus is no alarm permit, or false alarm police calls. After the police incident, I added LED lights around the house and garages so there’s no place to be without being seen ( nice for unpacking on Sunday nights and dealing with loading unloading trucks and trailers). The next project is to get all the lights able to be controllable from a phone.
                If you sign up for their emails, and are patient, they have some big sales.

Thank you for the input

Comment

Originally posted by CSanders View Post
                  SimpliSafe. I had there original system and now have the current updated system. You buy only the equipment you need and there’s no contract. You can have it monitored or go without. Takes about an hour to set it all up, pretty easy.

Thank you for the input!

Comment

Simplisafe only because I like their commercials

Comment

Simplysafe!

Sensor failed after 2 years - They sent me a new one free
                      Smoke detector failed after 4 years - They sent me a new one free
                      3G base station board outdated - they sent me a 5g replacement board FREE

Their customer service is EXCEPTIONAL

Comment

I will be installing a lorex camera system this spring. A coworker installed these and I was impressed with the camera picture and the app that goes along with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rutersville View Post
                          Simplysafe!

Sensor failed after 2 years - They sent me a new one free
                          Smoke detector failed after 4 years - They sent me a new one free
                          3G base station board outdated - they sent me a 5g replacement board FREE

Their customer service is EXCEPTIONAL

That’s awesome, great customer service goes a long way. Main reason all my AR’s except 1 tinker toy AR is from Sons of liberty gun works

Thanks for the input!

Comment

Bringing this back up for any other suggestions.

I start a new gig next month and will be traveling and what my wife to feel as comfortable as she does when I am here. I want outside cameras and contacts on all doors and windows including garage door

Comment

I did a lot of research and my brother is in the business...Amcrest IP 4K is what I went with. I'm pleased with it. I wasn't interested in wireless. If your not familiar with the systems and with IT stuff, it can be challenging setting up for remote viewing.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X