Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subscribe

Comment

Congrats on the tag! That's not a guaranteed draw for a non-resident until double the points you drew it with! Best of luck.

Comment

Good Luck!!! AZ is my favorite state to hunt! I'm headed to NM Monday morning!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
          Good luck and enjoy man! If yall out into it what yall did for your whitetail draw a few years ago yall will have some luck for sure. Be safe and keep us updated!

Yes sir and thank you! We definitely take full advantage when we get drawn for hunts and go as hard as we can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

My 63 year old father in law was able to mark off the top item on his bucket list this morning and harvested a AZ bull elk with his bow. He limped through canyons on a bum leg the last three days and his cousin was able to call in this 6x6 to within 20 yards for him this morning with other bulls herding and holding cows around them. The bull wasn’t king of the forest, but he was able to locate him bugling and calf call him in and he stuck him good. He’ll have a smile on his face the next month and will get to relax at camp while I try to punch my tag.

I had a solid morning too and got in between two bulls bugling at each other. I was able to get set up on top of a ridge and saw the first mature bull trashing apart a pine tree about 100 yards in front of me. The bigger of the two bulls was working up the ravine to my left with 6 cows in front of him. The cows he was with crossed at 60 yards in front of me, but the bull came in high on the ravine at 72 yards heading to the other bull to square off. I set my single pin site at 70 yards and drew back on him, but he took about 3 more steps up the ravine and stopped at about 82 yards. I aimed at the top of his back and let one fly. Just as I released he took two more steps towards the bull and my arrow flew about 6 inches behind his rump and stuck in the ravine behind him. They took off down the ravine and I ran and circled ahead of them on the top about 400 yards down and caught them coming out about 70 yards in front of me, but the bull never stopped.

It’s warm here today with highs in the mid 80s, but mornings have been solid with temps in the low 40s. 11 more days to get it done but we have one of our two tags filled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to your FIL!

Comment

Very nice congratulations to your FIL

Comment

Very cool, congrats to your FIL

Comment

Super cool. You got time.

Comment

Congrats!!! Sounds like a great trip already!!

Comment

Congrats to your suegro. Now it's your turn.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to your FIL!

My bucket list as well. I'm sitting on 8 pts!

Comment

Congratulations to your FIL, and thanks for bringing us all along on the trip!

Comment

Congrats to your FIL!!

Comment

Working...
                                X