Black rifles- tell me about them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all for the responses.
    Artos. I have the Sig Echo thermal mainly for night use. When you look at it you are looking at a small screen...not like looking through a scope. I have trifocals with lines. With the sight mounted where a normal scope would be, or a little forward, I can't focus on the screen with anything but my near vision, which makes me have to crane my neck and tilt my head back. None of the three options on my glasses focuses very well on the screen. I THINK (but not sure) that if I could mount the sight farther forward I could just look over my glasses and get a clear picture of the screen. I can't test it right now because I left all of my batteries for the sight at the camp.
    With my current setup, I have to raise my face off of the stock to see clearly. I may just have to get used to shooting that way, but it sure feels awkward.

Comment

As mentioned earlier the LaRue Ultimate Upper Kit gets you a really nice quality AR at a good price.

I'll also echo that the AR10s are just too dang heavy.

I have a LaRue PredatAR 5.56 that I run as my thermal rig and it freakin awesome.

Comment

Agreed. AR10s are too heavy. built a 6.5CM. not worth the weight penalty over my 6.5 Grendel.

Comment

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
          Thank you all for the responses.
          Artos. I have the Sig Echo thermal mainly for night use. When you look at it you are looking at a small screen...not like looking through a scope. I have trifocals with lines. With the sight mounted where a normal scope would be, or a little forward, I can't focus on the screen with anything but my near vision, which makes me have to crane my neck and tilt my head back. None of the three options on my glasses focuses very well on the screen. I THINK (but not sure) that if I could mount the sight farther forward I could just look over my glasses and get a clear picture of the screen. I can't test it right now because I left all of my batteries for the sight at the camp.
          With my current setup, I have to raise my face off of the stock to see clearly. I may just have to get used to shooting that way, but it sure feels awkward.
          there are plenty of AR stocks out that have an adjustable cheek weld to get your head up higher comfortably.

Comment

I'm new to the black rifle game but I'll throw in my 2 cents. I wanted one for pig work also, not interested in 3 gun or precision shooting. I bought a Diamondback DB15 5.56/.223 with all magpul furniture brand new for $499. Topped it with a Leupold RDS for $269. Its light as heck and can shoot sub MOA if I do my part.

Comment

Working...
            X