Clear All

Called in reinforcements.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210122203155_IMG_6451.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	24641503

Comment

Awwww...hope we get there before he leaves. Been a long time since I have said hello to Roy.

Comment

In

Good luck!

Comment

In! I’m currently looking at a pup out of Roy’s stock

Comment

Roy found a deer for us last week.....I dont think he gets much sleep this time of year

Comment

In the presence of greatness...Mr Hindes must be honored.[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's 3 a.m. Did y'all find it yet?

Comment

Deer was not recovered. Michael can share more details.

Back in 29.5. Kelsey is in 29 to my southeast. Coyotes are ripping up the moist morning air. Feels deery.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

New President, New CDLC Live Hunt Thread

I have very limited reception here at 7.5, so updates are difficult. It was also a busy and stressful evening...only in part to the new administration.

Hannah and I have spent a lot of time in the blind together this season, and we’ve both had good success. We really want to get her a buck, and there have been a couple here at 7.5 that we couldn’t quite get a shot on.

Another buck, a ten with three kickers, posed beautifully for us at 18 yards on our last trip. I REALLY wanted to give Hannah the green light on that deer - and she really WANTED me too. - but I couldn’t do it. (There has been mixed opinion on whether that was the right or wrong decision! )

I’m unable to get photos to load, so I’ll update the pics later...

Last edited by Michael; 01-23-2021, 07:28 AM.
                      My Flickr Photos

Comment

New President, New CDLC Live Hunt Thread

Short version:

The ten with kickers came in early afternoon and again posed beautifully at 15 yards. Hannah was lobbying me to shoot, while I was trying to get pics and text out to the group. I looked up and over to our second shooting lane and there was a good mature 8! No doubt about it shooter!

Hannah waited patiently for it to take a couple of steps forward and then drew. I reminded her to aim low behind the shoulder. She shot and it appeared to be a pretty good hit, although a little back of where she was aiming. After reviewing the video, the shot was back and a little low, but we felt good about finding it.

We decided to give it plenty of time (so we thought) and spent 45 minutes in the blind filming b roll and intro videos.

Then we got out and decided to inspect for blood. We found what appeared to be good blood and I let Hannah slowly work the trail. It was easy to follow, and I focused on filming while she tracked. About 75 yards in we found the arrow, which was covered with darker blood, but appeared to have some bubbles. A few yards later we found a bigger “pool” of blood that had some “foaming.” The buck had either stopped or maybe bedded. That worried me a bit, but things were still looking good...

Last edited by Michael; 01-23-2021, 07:44 AM.
                        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Mixed bag of critters here at 12. Young broken 8 has been here for a bit. And just now a hog and 2 yearlings walked out.

Comment

Just watched a shooter ease away from our field. Hoping he finds his way back.

Comment

Just had a big 5 x freak. One more step and was going to send the arrow.... but I coughed!.. well crap.....at least it got my heart thumpin..
                              Last edited by Les; 01-23-2021, 07:58 AM.
                              Lesto!!

Comment

...We found a few more good spots, then a single drop on a leaf and then NOTHING. It just completely dried up. We looked for awhile and then decided to back out, go back to camp and recruit a tracking party. While there, we decided to go ahead and call Roy.

Roy and John came with John’s dog, Migo. (Rufus had just finished a 5 hour track for a TBHer!) Migo got on the trail quickly and stopped about where Hannah and I had left off (86 yards away.) He fanned out from that point, and then we watched the tracking device as it appeared Migo was giving chase. John followed a ways in while the rest of us stayed back with Roy watching on his handheld GPS tracking device.

Unfortunately, Migo apparently lost the trail. John said there were a lot of fresh coyote tracks on the trail, and will run the deer and hamper the dog’s ability to stay on the trail. He gave it a good shot, but eventually we called it and let Roy and John go home to get some much needed sleep.

It was disappointing for Hannah and me, but we’re back at it this morning in the same set at 7.5.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                                X