No announcement yet.

Mesquite Country Sausage Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope to be making some by end of year as well, weather depending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Travis
      The pepperoni sausage recipe says to dry for 8 hours. Can I do this in my convection oven like you suggest to do for dried sausage?

Comment

Bump

Comment

Made some venison and wild hog sausage today. Made about 12 lbs. and boy is it delicious! I’ve always used store bought mixes but this time used yours. I admit I was a little leary when prepping the spices seamed like too much garlic and salt but followed the ratios. I finally got to use the lem sausage stuffer I got for xmas.
          And it was delicious. Thanks for recipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good stuff. We made sausage a few months ago. It’s great.

Comment

Bumping this back up. Just processed a wild hog I shot last weekend, and I made 10lbs of Chorizo. It has been one of my favorite recipes so far!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Very kind of you to share. I had my elk this year done all in roasts so I could make my own sausage and cant wait to try some of your recipe's, thanks.

Comment

Thanks Travis for the recipes.

Made 20 lbs of spicy whitetail and 20 lbs of spicy axis links. Very good and my co-workers love it.

Gonna try the jalapeno and cheese next. Where do you get dry jalapenos? I can't find them. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
                    Thanks Travis for the recipes.

Made 20 lbs of spicy whitetail and 20 lbs of spicy axis links. Very good and my co-workers love it.

Gonna try the jalapeno and cheese next. Where do you get dry jalapenos? I can't find them. Thanks

Most any place that sells grinders and processing equipment will have seasonings, including dried jalapenos. I get mine at Heinsohn’s store, but im not sure where your located to say if thats close to you or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I am thinking about making some of the Brat's in this link....Has anyone made them before? If so, what did you all think? Just seeing if there is any feedback before doing it...

Comment

Originally posted by EliteDriver View Post
                        I am thinking about making some of the Brat's in this link....Has anyone made them before? If so, what did you all think? Just seeing if there is any feedback before doing it...
                        I have made the brats and they were great!

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
                          I have made the brats and they were great!

Thanks bud!!

Comment

Travis,
                            question..... gonna try a cold smoke with venison and pork. Should I use the first recipe and ratios that you talk about in the top one, and does it still need to be cured if you are cold smoking, then stuffing and vacuum sealing and freezing for a cook later down the line?

thanks for all the advice and the recipes.....

Joseph

Comment

Originally posted by birddoggin View Post
                              Travis,
                              question..... gonna try a cold smoke with venison and pork. Should I use the first recipe and ratios that you talk about in the top one, and does it still need to be cured if you are cold smoking, then stuffing and vacuum sealing and freezing for a cook later down the line?

Joseph
                              I'm not Travis, but if you plan on cold smoking you need to use cure. If you plan on stuffing and freezing to cook at a later date, you dont need cure. The cure helps prevent bacteria from growing during the cold smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by birddoggin View Post
                                Travis,

Joseph

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
                                I'm not Travis, but if you plan on cold smoking you need to use cure. If you plan on stuffing and freezing to cook at a later date, you dont need cure. The cure helps prevent bacteria from growing during the cold smoke.

Maybe this is a learning experience for me, but if youre just cold smoking for maybe an hr to add some flavor, for smoked sausage, then you shouldnt need cure right? Now if your cold smoking and hanging for dry sausage then you absolutely need the cure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X