Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nappy boar draws the unlucky straw......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
    ...So we decided to hell with the stealth and clean approach, I was going to do the ol Fishndude full sack of corn "chum"(minus the words/ phrases) and walk all over the feeder area to get my stink all over the place Wednesday to see how they would react.

So you didn't any of the usual bowhunting scent reduction methods? What kind of stand are you hunting out of - a box on the ground?

Congratulations!!

Nothing works on these pigs if they get downwind of you. I hunt out of a box and quadpod....and even on the ground. I've been told, you can't fool their nose.....you just have to keep yourself out of their nose.

Comment

Very nice!!!!

Comment

Good shot and good riddance...I mean harvest.

I believe if you shot one hog every other day there, you would still never get ahead of the bastages' breeding growth.

Save me some straps!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Nothing works on these pigs if they get downwind of you. I hunt out of a box and quadpod....and even on the ground. I've been told, you can't fool their nose.....you just have to keep yourself out of their nose.
          Yes! On saturday afternoon my area was flooded all around me but the feeder was high and dry. I knew the pigs would come in. We got set up in tripods and the wind was perfect. A big boar came in first and went to circle us and caught my wind and kept going. The big group came in just like yours did no worries.

Rest of the story - had my son on the rifle and he shot but no pig. Trial and error

I am going to start doing exactly what you did with scent and noise because i have had pigs show up with in 12 minutes of me driving off. Thanks for the tips.

Comment

That was awesome Smart! What a bunch of pigs!

Comment

Working...
            X