X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Lifestyle of Worship

A Lifestyle of Worship
    Xochitl Dixon
    Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.
    Psalm 100:2

As I waited in the breakfast buffet line at a Christian conference center, a group of women entered the dining hall. I smiled, saying hello to a woman who stepped into the line behind me. Returning my greeting, she said, “I know you.” We scooped scrambled eggs onto our plates and tried to figure out where we’d met. But I was pretty sure she’d mistaken me for someone else.
    When we returned for lunch, the woman approached me. “Do you drive a white car?”
    I shrugged. “I used to. A few years ago.”
    She laughed. “We stopped at the same traffic light by the elementary school almost every morning,” she said. “You’d always be lifting your hands, singing joyfully. I thought you were worshiping God. That made me want to join in, even on tough days.”
    Praising God, we prayed together, hugged, and enjoyed lunch.
    My new friend affirmed that people notice how Jesus’ followers behave, even when we think no one is watching. As we embrace a lifestyle of joyful worship, we can come before our Creator anytime and anywhere. Acknowledging His enduring love and faithfulness, we can enjoy intimate communion with Him and thank Him for His ongoing care (Psalm 100). Whether we’re singing praises in our cars, praying in public, or spreading God’s love through kind acts, we can inspire others to “praise his name” (v. 4). Worshiping God is more than a Sunday morning event.
    In what ways can you joyfully worship God throughout the day? When has someone else's worship led to your own?
    Almighty God, please help me live to worship You with contagious joy and gratitude.
    Dr. Stanley

Thanks for posting Bro Bill

Comment

Amen. I tell my wife in the mornings..."let's go write another page in the Bible today"

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
        Amen. I tell my wife in the mornings..."let's go write another page in the Bible today"
        I like that

Comment

Food for thought, thank you for sharing.

Comment

Thanks Bro. Bill

Comment

Amen! Thanks for sharing this morning!

Comment

Great post. Thank you Bill

Comment

Amen! Great one, thanks for posting

Comment

Good stuff

Comment

Bump