Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tundra owners - 2019 - 2020 tranny issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pilar View Post

Saw the video it was 40 degree day and 10 minutes to 245+ transmission temperature
    Slapping on a 6k load of feed and driving to Laredo in summer = no buano
    That video is straight uphill through Eisenhower tunnel, with the pedal mashed.
    Not a typical scenario.
    But then again, if you live in the mountains it might be a everyday thing for you.
    I have faith in Toyota .
    I'll shut up now.

Comment

I live in the mountains. And literally have driven that tunnel multiple times the last two hunting seasons with a 16' trailer with a Yamaha Rhino, a Yamaha Grizzly, and my hunting/camp gear on it...plus going up and over Vail pass each way every trip as well....zero issues on my '19.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntermac View Post
        I live in the mountains. And literally have driven that tunnel multiple times the last two hunting seasons with a 16' trailer with a Yamaha Rhino, a Yamaha Grizzly, and my hunting/camp gear on it...plus going up and over Vail pass each way every trip as well....zero issues on my '19.
        I wouldn't expect issues now. I'm thinking 100 - 150K Where as I was hoping for 300K miles.

I don't tow heavy very often, but it seems like if you have a tow package, the tranny cooler should be part of it.

Comment

I'll still take my chances. It's going to be way better odds than Ford, Chevy or Dodge.

Comment

Originally posted by mcbZX225 View Post
            I'll still take my chances. It's going to be way better odds than Ford, Chevy or Dodge.

Comment

Why do all this when you can just simply go buy a Ford and be done with it?

Comment

Originally posted by DEREKG22 View Post
                I know a guy who drives hot shot.... he just a few weeks ago rolled over a million miles in his tundra ON THE ORIGINAL MOTOR AND TRANSMISSION AND REAR END... none were ever rebuilt along the course of its life...hes kept every receipt for every maintenance or repair made...u think Toyota would have some interest in this vehicle to disect and study it to learn what that kinda milage and wear does to the internals..... at least offer him a hearty check as a trade in for a new one....he has inquired at a few dealers so far and none seem interested by this....I was really surprised at that...not every day a truck makes it a million miles on the original equipment and is still running strong
                Actually I have read about decent number of Tundras that rolled over a million miles. That may be why the dealers didn't seem interested.

Comment

I read an interview with the Chief Engineer of the Tundra on the fact that the big 3 sold more trucks than Toyota did and he said "it's never been our goal to be the biggest sellers of Trucks, it's always been our goal to be the best truck on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                    Why do all this when you can just simply go buy a Ford and be done with it?
                    Because people want a reliable pickup, not a ford pickup!

Comment

Working...
                    X