• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! Congrats!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ashton’s Fat Albert buck made his first appearance on our river grounds in 2012. We have been lucky enough to either see or capture pictures of him every year since.

2013 he was around but just every once in a while and always at which ever food plot I was not at.

Now in 2014 I think we got a total of 2 or 3 night time trail cam pictures of him and had pretty much accepted the fact that he had moved on.

Then in 2015 he showed back up early season and was regular on camera but only at night. Carry that over into 2016 and again, he was all over cameras but only one day light photo all season.

Then 2017 hit and boy oh boy, he’s made the list and he is on camera in day light……but only after I had already killed another buck…… oh and did I mention it was his best horn year??????????Geeezzzzz.

2018 rolled around and bam, he is here. But had dropped way of in head gear and we really second guessed putting him on the list. The kids and I ended up agreeing to let him go with high hopes of him bouncing back.

2019 Season arrived and early photos showed allot of promises. He had rebounded and put on a fork off one of his G-2’s. It was decided after Ashton killed her 140” 10 point and I killed the multi-tine buck Breck would get first shoot on Fat Albert. Obviously that never happened and he made it through to finally, the 2020 season.

2020 blew in here and wham, he is on camera every day and I mean every day. As soon as Breck killed his Pope and Young 9 point in McLennan County Ashton said, Fat Albert is mine. And that is the rest of the story……

Historical photos below.

Not bad for a free range small acreage grounds buck. Again, Ashton and I appreciate all the kind comments.

Rwc
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
        Awesome! Did yall get a weight on Fat Albert?
        Regrettably no, but the below photos show is body size a little better. Hands down the largest bodied buck taken off the river grounds in 35 plus years.

Thanks for asking.

Rwc
        Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations to Ashton on getting Fat Albert! And also to you, dad, for getting her started.

Comment

Love these stories! It just goes to show the Chambers kids were raised right!

Congrats Ashton on a toad.

Comment

Love the history, thanks for sharing and congrats again!

Comment

Well done!

Comment

Awesome! Congrats young lady!

Comment

Way to go Ashton! Love it!!!

Comment

This is AWESOME. Great buck and a great story. Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.

Comment

Congrats Ashton!

Ashton: "Hey dad I'm going to kill a P&Y!"

Dad - "Ok"

Love this!!

Love the history!

Never a doubt!

Comment

Wow!!! Very nice. Great story.

Comment

Great job on raising some great kids.
                            We had a 8 point killed on our East Texas lease this morning we called Fat Albert.
                            No idea on his age but he weighed 226 per the scales.

Comment

Awesome, congrats to the young lady!

Comment

Congrats to her, nice one!

Comment

Working...
                                X