Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020-2021 Panhandle Hunting Thread (8th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

most my deer are hard horned now, my best deer rubbed out and hasn't show up since hopefully he will come back

Comment

Wheat looks too good. Up early and getting hit hard. Deer moved off of feeders and protein to the green.

Hard horned.

Comment

Here in Collingsworth county they are all hard horned by end of Sept. I have never seen one still in velvet Oct 1. Some don't miss it by much though.

Lots of good bucks running around this year. I probably won't get to hunt them though unless it is late season. My wife starts 6 weeks of intensive Chemo/radiation this Thursday so there won't be much else happening besides that. We will be staying in Dallas during the week and home for weekends.

You Panhandle hunters should have some good opportunities this year though! Post up pictures and keep us in your prayers!

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post

My wife starts 6 weeks of intensive Chemo/radiation this Thursday so there won't be much else happening besides that. We will be staying in Dallas during the week and home for weekends.
          Prayers your way. And if yall need anything, just post up here. Good luck and keep us updated.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure what my season is going to be like. Just found out I have a torn tendon in my shoulder, waiting on what the Ortho surgeon says! Might be crossbow, pistol or rifle. All depends on what they Doc says! i have feeders going but all but one of my cameras PIR lens were pecked out by a woodpecker and I have none up at my lease, only camera working is on my feeder 75 yards behind my house in Rogers, TX!

Comment

Here in Collingsworth county they are all hard horned by end of Sept. I have never seen one still in velvet Oct 1. Some don't miss it by much though.

Lots of good bucks running around this year. I probably won't get to hunt them though unless it is late season. My wife starts 6 weeks of intensive Chemo/radiation this Thursday so there won't be much else happening besides that. We will be staying in Dallas during the week and home for weekends.

You Panhandle hunters should have some good opportunities this year though! Post up pictures and keep us in your prayers!
              Sorry to hear that Jethro! Many prayers!

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
              Not sure what my season is going to be like. Just found out I have a torn tendon in my shoulder, waiting on what the Ortho surgeon says! Might be crossbow, pistol or rifle. All depends on what they Doc says! i have feeders going but all but one of my cameras PIR lens were pecked out by a woodpecker and I have none up at my lease, only camera working is on my feeder 75 yards behind my house in Rogers, TX!
              I'm about three weeks into my recovery from surgery on my right elbow to repair a torn tendon and haven't event started PT yet. Just got out of the cast last week. I'm definitely out of the vertical bow game this season and hoping I can somehow still get the crossbow pulled back with the cocking string.

I'll be in Hall County the first week of October to mow and get feeders and cameras running. Yup, I know it's late but it is what it is. But things should be settled down nicely by the time the rut rolls around in November.

Opening day ain't so far away now! Be safe, y'all.
              Last edited by kry226; 09-23-2020, 03:01 AM.

Comment

We leave at noon to run back down to Dallas. Early in the morning they will hook up my wife's chemo pump and get that started, then we can head back home for the weekend.

Thank goodness for thermal and a love of coyote hunting, it gives me something quick I can do when I have some time. Been out 3 times since last Friday and have killed 4. One Friday night, one last night, and two the night before. Got video on the first 3 but not the one last night.

Last night was a different deal. Two nights ago a landowner who is a good friend of mine had his dog mauled by a coyote and nearly killed. Went out last night to take care of that problem. It took 35 minutes of calling before a sneaky female tried to come in and back door us through the equipment lot. For sure she knew the area and how to move through it. Had to thread my shot through a whole bunch of stuff but got her killed. It happened too fast to get video. Landowner was very happy.

Here are some videos for you guys. Praying for good outcomes on the shoulder and elbow for those injured.

Comment

Will do!

Comment

Praying for good outcomes on the shoulder and elbow for those injured.
                    Thank you, sir, and likewise for your best half.

Comment

I haven’t had a chance to contribute much to this thread so far but I’ll get caught up and try to continue. Just made that 8hr drive back home and will be headed back on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking good! Stacking them up like cord wood.

Comment

I can't believe I have to be on-call this weekend. I hope all of ya'll have a great opener and post lots of pics.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

In- good luck everyone this weekend. I’ll have to miss it. Will be up the following for 4 days

Comment

Good luck tomorrow! I'll be working a dog in the AM. Who all will be out hunting?

Comment

Breezy here in Shamrock but winds supposed to lay in the morning and wind direction is perfect for baby girl to kill her first deer! Say a prayer for her and more for ol Dad’s heart rate! Good luck to all you boys and anyone in the area is welcome to come poke the fore with us tomorrow night.

Comment

Working...
                                X