Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Middle of North Texas Hunting Thread 4th Edition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^Thats a great buck, she did GOOD!

Comment

Nicely done

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Watch out Dale. She keeps bringin' home that kinda vittles n she won't need you around much longer![emoji16]
        Stud buck! She dont start slow thats for sure.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck yea! Great buck Blair!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Two very nice bucks!! Congrats to all involved!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              B~Mo calls down the thunder on her first buck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Great looking buck for the Misses!

Comment

Good job D Mo, the light switch went on this morning in Wilbarger County, full wide open rut, i saw it all today, sure hated to come home, will be back Thurs - Fri, hope they are not locked down.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                  Good job D Mo, the light switch went on this morning in Wilbarger County, full wide open rut, i saw it all today, sure hated to come home, will be back Thurs - Fri, hope they are not locked down.
                  I think our deer are locked down now. Strange stuff with us being 2 miles apart as the crow fliesOur sightings have dropped 50% or more this weekend. I am headed out in the morning to stay till Wednesday. I'll bring a spotting scope and sit on tater hill and watch up top and the big field for ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                    I think our deer are locked down now. Strange stuff with us being 2 miles apart as the crow fliesOur sightings have dropped 50% or more this weekend. I am headed out in the morning to stay till Wednesday. I'll bring a spotting scope and sit on tater hill and watch up top and the big field for ya!
                    From what I saw yesterday you are going to be really busy up there on that hill, I really hated to leave yesterday, we saw two 160 plus bucks, they were in the no fun zone. I will be headed back Thurs I hope, keep me posted

Comment

Just had a big boy come cruising through. He was headed straight for me then backed out and went around. He was at 30 yards [emoji24]

Comment

Just saw this thread. All these pics are from Young and Jack county.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice pics. Looks like a target rich environment. Good luck!!

Comment

I don't know what is going on in southern Cottle Co. I've been seeing 20 deer a sit and had some good bucks and a lot of doe on camera. I've been here since Friday and have barely seen any deer and bucks and doe have disappeared from cameras. I think the bucks are probably on lockdown, but not sure where all the doe went. Anybody else notice this is the area?
                            Last edited by DFA; 11-23-2020, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              B~Mo calls down the thunder on her first buck!

Congratulations to Mrs. Mo!

Comment

Thanks everyone! We were super excited, the pics don't seem to do the beast justice, but he's 18" inside, 10" G2s, and heavier than it shows.

I wasn't sure whether to type the whole story or not, but this seems like a good place to do so.

Blair has been hunting with me some each year since we started dating....in 2004. She's shot several does, and a handful of pigs. I used to hold her to my standards on bucks, so she's had to watch a lot of pretty deer walk away over the years. Then our son got old enough to hunt so she gladly took the back seat to him, in true "Super mom" style. He got his first buck 2 years ago, so last year she was up. I found a really nice, old, tall 8 point last year, and we got on him once early in the morning. He didn't hang around long, and she had trouble with some moisture in her scope from the walk in. It didn't pan out the rest of the year on anything worth a darn.

Our son was hunting with her dad in Oklahoma this past weekend so she was cleared hot on anything worthy. Saturday morning yielded a lot of deer and several young bucks flirting with does at one of my blinds, but no head turners, so we decided to go up the hill to my dad's blind saturday afternoon. His blind has been somewhat neglected the last couple years because it's not the easiest to get to, and because you can't see very much country up there (and because some mice had moved into the blind, which I, and some lease mates, took care of). I cut some new shooting lanes up there during October and started feeding it regularly.

This is where it gets hilarious...

I had some minor surgery last summer, that leaves my guts somewhat...un-predicatable... So we get in the blind about 4:05, and by 4:20 I had to "step out". I walked about 40 yds behind the blind, and assumed the position, luckily looking back toward the right way and somewhat behind a tree. As SOON as I got ready to take care of business, I saw a buck walking in through a gap in the trees, and luckily....I had brought my phone...

I texted her to say there was a buck coming in, and asked how big he was....

Comment

Working...
                                X