LG television audio problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG television audio problem

My LG television is 7 years old. The audio has been cutting out periodically(once every 2-3 minutes) for less than a second. This morning it would lose the volume for 3-4 seconds when I first turned it on, but it got better within 10-15 minutes. First time it had done it that long. I really thought it might have been a satellite problem until this morning. My other TV is fine so it it isolated to the LG in my living room only. Pretty sure it is a TV issue and not wiring/connection issue. Has anyone had similar problems with a LG or other television. It is not a smart TV

Thanks.

Yep. I called DirecTV, they come got it...brought me a new one 1 week later.

Cost $2.00 a month, covers every electronic device I own. Including cell phones.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
      Yep. I called DirecTV, they come got it...brought me a new one 1 week later.

Cost $2.00 a month, covers every electronic device I own. Including cell phones.
      They replaced your television ??

Comment

OK. I turned on my TV this morning and there was no volume. I left it on and the volume came on after 20-25 minutes and has been fine since. WTH

Comment

Probably the circuit board that controls the volume. Plenty of YouTube videos on how to replace it and there’s even those that tell you to bake your TV in the oven in order to re-solder all the tiny connections. It is not difficult. Finding the correct circuit board is probably the hardest part.
          With today’s prices on TV’s, it might not be worth the headache to you.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
            They replaced your television ??

Actually, they have replaced 3.

Comment

How about getting an exterior speaker for it. We have one on the TV in the living room cause the speaker in the TV just doesn't cut it. We keep the volume on TV at zero so there is no echo.

Comment

Update: well, the volume was completely out the day after posting this. I went to the appliance store where I bought it almost 8 years ago and explained what my problem . He explained that it would probably cost as much to fix it(circuit board) as a new one. I told him that I paid them almost 2 grand for it and he said yes you did and you can get a brand new one today that is way better and bigger for 659.00. So I did and it is. It`s hard to believe how fast technology improves and prices come down.

Comment

Just like laptops

Comment

Working...
                  X