X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck, WyTex!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well , drew a blank over the weekend but left them set to check in the morning.
      Snow had melted but it was flurrying when we left for town.

Found out the cat market is way down. We may well keep all our bobcats and either freeze the dried hides or get them tanned and try to sell them that way.
      Coyotes are doing well at buyers so we'll probable sell most of them.

Missed something and had a cat step on a set but not spring it.
      Attached Files

Comment

Was your set that the cat stepped on but did not trigger, frozen?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

No, it just missed the pan.
          We had just a very light dusting of dry snow and it blew away during the day.
          Sybille Canyon really needs some wet snow cover.
          Saw some bighorn rams last weekend along the highway.
          Hope you're getting more snow than us in Casper, not going to be much irrigation I fear this summer.

Comment

Caught a nice female coyote in a set we removed the bobcat attractant from. Hummm, told us both something.
            Attached Files

Comment

Envious of your lifestyle! Love this thread. Keep us posted

Comment

So I got to ask what's the deal with putting the googly eyes on the dead rat? We used to trap a little bit back in high school for fun but I enjoy calling them to much these days to mess with it anymore.

Comment

The bigger eyes attract the attention of bobcats, and coyotes.
                  Our mentor would glue them to dried rabbit hides and make faces for his cat sets.
                  They do seem to work great.
                  You've heard that old wives' tail, don't look an animal in the eyes, they take it as a challenge.

Comment

Awesome thread...sure beats the coats on our warm weathered critters.

Comment

Had a $400 offer on our cats and coyotes, passed on it.
                      We're meeting a buyer Sat. evening to try and sell.
                      Going up today to check and then pull traps Saturday morning.

Comment

Pulled our traps this weekend. Had high hopes for the last day but snow had other ideas.
                        Left town to cloudy skies and no snow only to hit it half way to the ranch we trap on. Easy 4 inches on the ground there.

Found some big cat tracks coming put of the meadows this morning, very fresh as we had a dusting of snow at daylight. Looks like some calling is in our future if the female quota is not filled for the area.
                        Tried some coyote calling, tracks all over the meadows but no takers that evening.

Hoping the fur buyer gets to town this evening so we can sell our coyotes and maybe the bobcats.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Sold our furs yesterday.
                          Buyer was very happy with our put up and liked the hides, he was impressed with the big tom bobcat.
                          We made $715 on 5 coyotes and 3 bobcats.
                          Here's the breakdown on the prices. We had 2 heavies and 3 semi heavy coyotes with great spotted bobcats he said.
                          Have to say , makes me very happy when they comment on our put up.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations! Not a bad haul in these days and times.

Comment

My math says that should be $815

Comment

Thank you, we'll take it for 8 hides. That big bobcat would likely bring in excess of $750 on a good year.

The last days were chilly for checking traps but no wind and we had a nice cozy house to stay in at the ranch.
                                A warm fire is sure nice at the end of the day.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X