Appraisal question for y’all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appraisal question for y’all!

At what point does a “shed”, “garage” “free standing shelter” become a house or habitation? We’re having power dropped on our place in Mountain Home but will not live there in the foreseeable future.
    We’d like to place a “cabin “ or some type of shelter on it, then a well and run water to it.
    Thanks in advance!

About the time you connect it to the ground they will tax you on it. If it is a temporary type cabin i would build it out on a mobile home frame or build a frame for it with axles.

Now to answer you question as soon as it has a restroom and place to cook it is a habitation

Comment

I live in a rural area. It’s my understanding the appraisal districts get their information from new hookups and septic system installs. They perform a flyover pictograph every three years and also use other satellite tools available. Trees, locked gates are your friends.

Comment

Tps
        the CTEC application actually states that if gate is locked you must provide a key. Cabin kings idea was to install a garage type structure and build out half of it

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
          About the time you connect it to the ground they will tax you on it. If it is a temporary type cabin i would build it out on a mobile home frame or build a frame for it with axles.

Now to answer you question as soon as it has a restroom and place to cook it is a habitation
          Agreed, we had some hunters put up a covered porch connecting 3 trailers and promptly received a letter from the county
          Basically if it’s not on wheels county’s want a piece of candy
          IMO utility companies are watch dogs for county
          No septic system inspection no power service sometimes
          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 01-23-2021, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Bastiges. My b I l puts a wall tent up before deer season and stays in all season. To much rock to put a tent down up there.

Comment

Working...
            X