X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't park at the highschool!

Comment

Originally posted by Wile E. View Post
      My thinking is that in the 10 yds between the truck/parking lot and the boundary fence they could argue you are still hunting (while in the boundary of tcp.) It would be a technicality, but if they want to discourage bowhunting access they could make that case. Says specifically on their website only duck hunting is allowed in tcp. Similar in my mind to how if you parked in the byron nelson lot and hiked in to hunt you'd be in trouble even if your stand was 600 ft from the fence.
      Just my interpretation I guess but I thought I'd share anyway, I think it's a risk, hate to see somebody get popped for it.
      I get it, but if your walking in with all your gear, no arrow nocked, and a climber stand on your back I don’t think that would be considered actively hunting.

There are other places to access that part of the land also, not just the park.

Comment

Originally posted by JD81 View Post
        I’ve had good luck finding animals by entering trophy club park and heading west towards the high school. Also the west side of 377 all over the south eastern corner, lots of action to be had there.
        Lol Note to self, dont share info with JD or it will get posted
        Last edited by Fmjag64; 09-27-2022, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
          Lol Note to self, dont share info with JD or it will get posted
          Or did I post some fake information….. One will never know

Comment

Or did I post some fake information….. One will never know
            Now we're talking like public hunters

Comment

Originally posted by Wile E. View Post
              Now we're talking like public hunters
              Hahaha all in good fun. I didn’t get drawn this year so I’ll have to resort to accompanying my 11 year old son to hopefully get his first deer, I’ll probably get more enjoyment from that experience.

I haven’t seen the youth waiver on the website yet, anyone know if they have them at the office or when they might hit the website?

Comment

I got a few slammers on camera boys! Let's go! Who's hunting this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                  I'll be in East Texas this weekend. I make it a point to avoid any public land on opening weekends. Best of luck and save one of those slammers for me!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome! All I’ve had so far are does and hogs. Post a photo if you put one down!

Comment

Awesome! All I’ve had so far are does and hogs. Post a photo if you put one down!

There’s no deer at grapevine! [emoji2]

Comment

Found a nice popup setup ready to go.. Those spots first come first serve?

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
                          Make sure you corn the area really well first.

Comment

It's actually by reservation only but yes, whoever books it first and brings corn!

I've come up on 5 PVC pipe free feeders already. None of them in use, but just crazy.

Comment

It's actually by reservation only but yes, whoever books it first and brings corn!

I've come up on 5 PVC pipe free feeders already. None of them in use, but just crazy.
                              I’ve come across feeders, tree stands with safety ropes, even a felled tree that had a stand attached to it. I know the office does run some feeders out there but know idea where or when.

Comment

If there were two rolls of Charmin and a can of Vienna Sausages inside it was mine!

Comment

Working...
                                X