Angelina County bow hunting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angelina County bow hunting.

Hey guys! I’ve been off here since 2010. Looking forward to talking bow hunting with everyone. I’ve decided to get back into it. If anyone lives around Sam Rayburn general area and wants to hunt this corp land with me. Let me know. I’m 1/2 from it and there’s lots of good looking stuff around. I’m off on Friday- Sunday.

Welcome back! I've got a spot to hunt near San Augustine, but apprecite the invite.

Comment

Some good looking woods over that way too! Glad to hear there from you! I went to the bow shop in Lufkin last Friday. They didn’t know anyone who hunted around here either. I’m sure I’ll bump into someone. Just so much more fun to have someone to shoot with and having help getting game out of the woods is a bonus.

Comment

Did some scouting Last weekend. I found some good spots with old rubs from last year. Even jumped up some deer. Really looking forward to October 1st! Lol

Comment

Got a buddy who guides on Rayburn and hunts the corps land during bow season. He sees some **** good deer for public land, considering bringing my boat up and testing it out depending on how my Sam public land scouting goes lol

Comment

I’ve been looking around. Going to get a couple game cameras out this weekend. See what’s moving around.

Comment

I live in between Lufkin and Huntington but between private land and a Polk and Cherokee Co lease I have a tough time hunting public.

I'll have to give you a shout if I make it out there for sure though.

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
                I live in between Lufkin and Huntington but between private land and a Polk and Cherokee Co lease I have a tough time hunting public.

I'll have to give you a shout if I make it out there for sure though.
                Sounds good. I have a 18’ ladder stand set up in the back yard. 3D deer and a cube target. 5 acres of unlimited shooting range. I practice out to 40 but I try to keep all deer shots 30 or less.

Comment

We had a 250 acre lease that was surrounded by the Angelina, 2-3 miles from Rayburn (west side). A lot more big bucks in there than people realize. I'll be up there this season.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Hunt it all pretty regularly. Got some spots I’ve scouted off onX I’m gonna go check out in the next month or so. Angelina county does have “some” good deer. It’s just letting them grow into them. To many people around here are stuck in the old ways of if it’s brown it’s down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunt the National Forest between 63 and 69. Plenty of deer in area in places and bow hunting pressure is not too bad. First two weeks of gun season is crowded. I’ll go up soon and put a camera at a community scrape and scent tree. Then go back alter and hopefully find some white oak acorns for another camera or two. Zero white oak mast the last three years.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerBTX View Post
                          I hunt the National Forest between 63 and 69. Plenty of deer in area in places and bow hunting pressure is not too bad. First two weeks of gun season is crowded. I’ll go up soon and put a camera at a community scrape and scent tree. Then go back alter and hopefully find some white oak acorns for another camera or two. Zero white oak mast the last three years.
                          It may be another bad year for acorns. All mine are falling off the tree really small little buttons. It so dry around the lake!

Comment

Welcome Back To Angelina Bow Hunting!

I've been bowhunting Angelina for 3 years, this season will be my 4th.
                            I stay south of Zavalla but intend to find some spots around Caney boat ramp. I have shot opportunities every season and see good bucks, but the good bucks are good at playing the wind while I'm still learning to; the spikes are silly gooses though. Deer activity from what I have seen picks up around October 24th. I ran into some nasty people in McGee Bend below Rayburn dam (some silly rifle hunters) once. I've learned to avoid people for the most part, also I have enough spots that I can simply go somewhere else if someone is parked where I want to hunt. I find illegal bait spots every, that is annoying. I saw a group of spot lighters last season…
                            The best advice that helped me was "Just get out and scout, and hunt. Get out and hunt."

I love hunting Angelina, opening weekend is about as crowded as I've seen (minus rifle opener). Then it’s awesome until rifle, I take a 2-week hiatus or hunt private land during the first 2-3 weeks of November.

I try to get people to shoot 3d at Brazos County Archery Club with me, September 11th is their last shoot of the season. My season is limited to archery only with a newborn coming in November.

Comment

Bmetz Congratulations on the new baby. I used to shoot a lot of 3 D. I have been out of hunting for several years. Life happens! Lol I’m excited about getting some time in the woods. I’m just going to look around as I’m hunting and try to find something that doesn’t have lots of others out there. I’ll work hard to find those little spots. I killed some good deer in the past on public land. So we will see. Good luck this season.

Comment

Working...
                              X