Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retirement spending?? More or less than before....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retirement spending?? More or less than before....

I am planning on retiring soon and I am early 50's and was curious if those of you that retired early spent more or less after retirement? I do know health insurance will be $$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I retired at 52. Sold everything and lived on the road for almost a year. We spent more doing that obviously. Now I fish about every day and spend less than $15 a day total on fuel a sandwich, granola bar or two, and a gallon of ice tea. Fill my truck up about once a month and never eat fast food or a meal out that isn’t on a date with my wife. I spend zero on clothing monthly but did buy a pair of Dude shoes recently. Wife is same way. We spend much less being retired than when we both worked

Comment

Retired at 51 in late 2021. Savings accounts have been on the rise slightly. I have been splurging on garden stuff and multiple trips to the coast this month but still broke even. Doing ok I guess despite the feeble idiot in charge causing all the inflation.

Comment

And I thought I was doing good possibly retiring at 62!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Evil View Post
          And I thought I was doing good possibly retiring at 62!!

I am single and no kids so that sure makes it a lot easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Less

Comment

Excellent question, I would like to know, too. No wife and youngest son is 16, so will be free soon! Im a cheapskate and house is paid off so been thinking real hard about it before Im too old to do anything

Comment

We retired 7 years ago, we spend more now than we were working but we travel and enjoy what years we have left. You can spend less and sit at home. Depends what you want to do.

Comment

If you don’t go to Taylor Swift concerts you should be ok. :-)

Comment

Congratulations on your retirement. I can't answer your question, since I may never get to retire!

Comment

Living on the same amount we retired on 20 years ago, we have plenty left for another 20 or 30 years.

Comment

I'll retire end of April. I don't foresee spending more or less than I do now.

Comment

Wife and I retired Jan and May 2020. Moved to Central Texas and have retirement funds that should and hopefully last us for a long time. We are spending to fix up our forever place, travel and hopefully spend every last dollar we have. No kids, no dependents and hope we do not leave the gov a single dime! Time will tell but we do have backup for care if needed!

We probably spend less, but really not sure and not really going to see if we do or don't!

Comment

Less.

Comment

I spend the same but the wife spends more on the grandkids. But all good, if she didn’t I would. Love it more and more every day

Comment

Working...
                              X