Grapevine Hunting 2022-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
    I got a few slammers on camera boys! Let's go! Who's hunting this weekend?

I’ll be there bright and early! Where is everyone headed!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
      Don't park at the highschool!

🫡

Comment

Don't park at the highschool!
        That's the best parking spot for access. I did it all season. Never a peep. [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck tomorrow hunters and hope everyone has a great season, stay safe out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Grapevine USACE View Post
            Good luck tomorrow hunters and hope everyone has a great season, stay safe out there.
            Wouldn’t happen to have any extra permits lying around would ya?

Good luck to those heading out tomorrow!

Comment

Amazon was supposed to deliver my pop up blind yesterday but it just showed up. I'm on my way to BN's parking lot right now with a rolling cooler if anyone needs a monster drink or a bag of ruffles. Don't worry I'll speed walk to my spot because it's going to take me a while to figure out how to set up this blind. Opening Day boys!

Comment

Originally posted by jbolton View Post
                Amazon was supposed to deliver my pop up blind yesterday but it just showed up. I'm on my way to BN's parking lot right now with a rolling cooler if anyone needs a monster drink or a bag of ruffles. Don't worry I'll speed walk to my spot because it's going to take me a while to figure out how to set up this blind. Opening Day boys!

Are you bringing the high school marching band along too?

Comment

Are you bringing the high school marching band along too?
                  Only if they were drawn too

Comment

Does anyone know where the fireworks (or lots of popping) was coming from this morning?

Comment

Originally posted by aggie14 View Post
                      Does anyone know where the fireworks (or lots of popping) was coming from this morning?

Gun range

Comment

I hunted LBJ Saturday and sat Grapevine yesterday evening. Didn't see anything at the Vine!

Comment

Originally posted by JD81 View Post
                          I’ve come across feeders, tree stands with safety ropes, even a felled tree that had a stand attached to it. I know the office does run some feeders out there but know idea where or when.
                          So if the office runs feeders, does that mean we're allowed to hunt them?!? Technically we're not baiting!

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy3-17 View Post
                            So if the office runs feeders, does that mean we're allowed to hunt them?!? Technically we're not baiting!

Why not just call the office and ask?

I'd hate to get accused of baiting if it wasn't my set. The USFW Service wardens take federal rules pretty seriously. You might be in Texas. But you're on Federal land out there.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              Why not just call the office and ask?

I'd hate to get accused of baiting if it wasn't my set. The USFW Service wardens take federal rules pretty seriously. You might be in Texas. But you're on Federal land out there.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
                              I was saying it more as a joke. I've never seen a legit looking feeder out there.

Comment

There was a local police officer that had a feeder and a rifle stand out there years back.

The local landowners found and reported it. I wouldn’t have believed it if i didn’t see the cellphone pics.

Grapevine is just like any other wooded, semi-secluded place near a metropolitan area. It’s full of nuts. My personal favorite was the homeless tent camp off 377 headed west.

Be careful out there! It’s worth the risk tho [emoji6]

Comment

Working...
                                X