Cheap bore sighting gizmo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap bore sighting gizmo?

Anyone use one of these caliber-specific lasers for bore sighting? Do they work? It's worth $20 if it can just get me close before I head to the range to sight-in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	download (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	25173959

If it is a bolt gun nothing is better than just looking down the bore at the target.

Comment

^That's what we do.

Lay it on the bench rest, pull the bolt, and eyeball it down the bore. I laughed when I saw a coworker do this successfully on the first try.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
        If it is a bolt gun nothing is better than just looking down the bore at the target.
        That’s what I usually do but this is for a lever action

Comment

I’ve heard they work ok.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            Anyone use one of these caliber-specific lasers for bore sighting? Do they work? It's worth $20 if it can just get me close before I head to the range to sight-in.
            It can't possibly take you a whole box of ammo to get on paper. Start at 10 yards.
            Answer: no, it's not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post

This

Comment

Just remove the lever and bolt

Looking for care tips for your shotgun or rifle from Henry Repeating Arms? Check out our instructional video series today. Videos offer maintenance tips and more.

Comment

I have some. They will get you on paper.

Comment

They get you on paper very easily. Also good for making sure your scope hasn’t been bumped out of zero if you make note of where the laser is at x distance when zeroed.

Comment

I tried one and was not impressed

Comment

Get a big piece of cardboard. Put a dot in the center. Place at 25 yards and shoot. Adjust to bullseye then move back to the distance you want to sight the gun.

Comment

So far there are three replies from people who have actually used one. Thanks for answering the question. I am familiar with removing the bolt and looking down the barrel. I think the first time I did it was was sometime during the Gerald Ford administration. I was just curious if this particular gadget works as advertised.

Comment

I have used one and they can be very inconsistent. They don't seem to want to seat into the chamber the same way every time.

Comment

Find the magnetic Leopold gizmo you stick on the muzzle & then dial in...better all around bore sighter gadget available.

Comment

Working...
                              X