Black Gold ascent whitetail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Gold ascent whitetail

Is anybody shooting with this sight? I was thinking about getting the custom 4 pin. Is the lower pin the one that moves with the distance adjustment and the top pins stay in place?

you set them up 20 through 60 like normal. And when you slide the whole gang moves but you use the 60 pin for everything above 60. Very simple and very accurate. Just remember to set it back to 60 after your shot while shooting 3-D.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountaineer View Post
      Is anybody shooting with this sight? I was thinking about getting the custom 4 pin. Is the lower pin the one that moves with the distance adjustment and the top pins stay in place?
      First, you will need to decide if you want the top pin or the bottom pin as the reference (also called the floater) pin. Most people use the bottom as the reference pin as this gives them as much distance as the sight can give.

All the pins move, more accurately, the entire scope moves.

Once set up, the reference pin can be shot at any distance on the tape; IOW, once the sight is moved from the "home" position you always use the bottom pin. For example, you want to take a shot at 36 yards, move the pointer to 36 yards and use the bottom (reference) pin to shoot.

All the pins move, but only one is used when not in the home position.

Comment

Understood. Thank you for the replies. I found a youtube video showing how it works. I like how compact it is.

Comment

I just went back to compound and this is the sight I have. My only issue is when the sight is set all the way up in normal spot there is a very loud vibration sound. Other shooters around me can hear it. I need to getit back in thebow shop.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
            I just went back to compound and this is the sight I have. My only issue is when the sight is set all the way up in normal spot there is a very loud vibration sound. Other shooters around me can hear it. I need to getit back in thebow shop.
            Since it does it only when the slider is all the way up it could be the rail, it might be slightly out of spec on that end.

Black Gold has excellent customer service, I would send it back to them before I went back to the bow shop; unless the bow shop is willing to give you a new one.

Black Gold will take care of it.

Comment

Yep they have a no questions asked policy. Send it to them and they will fix or replace.

Comment

Working...
              X