Fat vs skinny, arrows that is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fat vs skinny, arrows that is

Lookng to see if anyone has tested this out. Assuming a standard carbon like a gt velocity, and a fatter shaft like a gt 22, that weigh the same and leave the bow at the same speed, how much flatter is the skinny shaft than the 22? Say like at 40 yards. I know the skinny one should be flatter but IDK how much. Also if anyone knows a difference in wind drift, that would be helpful too. Or maybe there is an free arrow ballistic program that takes that stuff into account somewhere?

Thanks

I want that program too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

TAP Pro will do it, and it does the best math as far as figuring the ballistic coefficient so it is the best at figuring the drop between the two different shaft sizes. It will also do wind drift.

You will need to build two shaft profiles and compare the two, TAP Pro will not compare two different data sets at the same time (side by side).

I already have a profile for Velocity Pro shafts. I have a student coming over this Saturday to get 22's built for 3D and I will work up a profile for them as well.

I can post the data sets on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
        TAP Pro will do it, and it does the best math as far as figuring the ballistic coefficient so it is the best at figuring the drop between the two different shaft sizes. It will also do wind drift.

You will need to build two shaft profiles and compare the two, TAP Pro will not compare two different data sets at the same time (side by side).

I already have a profile for Velocity Pro shafts. I have a student coming over this Saturday to get 22's built for 3D and I will work up a profile for them as well.

I can post the data sets on Sunday.
        That would be great. These are going to be for 3d, i probably should have specified that, but maybe the gt 22s made it obvious haha

Comment

The big difference I saw between the sizes was the decrease in wind drift

Comment

Working...
          X