Kilo 2000 display washout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kilo 2000 display washout

I have a pair of kilo 2000 LRF I have had for a few years that I purchased new. I went to use them the other day and found the display was only half there.

They still range but half the range display is missing and the same for the circle used to range with.

I have changed out the battery, same issue. I GENTLY tapped on the unit no change.

I'm assuming I will have to send it back to SIG. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem and if so what was the cost of the repair.

Thanks,

KC

Originally posted by kcnatural View Post
    I have a pair of kilo 2000 LRF I have had for a few years that I purchased new. I went to use them the other day and found the display was only half there.

They still range but half the range display is missing and the same for the circle used to range with.

I have changed out the battery, same issue. I GENTLY tapped on the unit no change.

I'm assuming I will have to send it back to SIG. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem and if so what was the cost of the repair.

Thanks,

KC
    Did you change to manual brightness settings? I have seen something similar indoors when my 2400 is set to auto brightness.

I should add it does not act like that outside, or at least I have never noticed.

Comment

I haven't had that issue but I did have a Kilo 2200 that wouldn't range past about 30 yards after a year or so. Sent it back and a lady named Amy stayed in constant communication with me via email and within 2 weeks I had a brand new one at no cost. I had a great customer service experience.

This was her contact info:

Amy Lord
      Customer Service Representative
      amy.lord@sigsauer.com
      1-603-610-3000, Option 1

Comment

Just went and looked back at the chain of emails, I had a Kilo 2000, they sent me a Kilo 2200 in return. It all started with an email to CustomerService@sigsauer.com stating the issue I was having and asking what the next step was. Amy is the one that handled. I had to send her pictures of the rangefinder that clearly showed the serial number on the bottom and then she sent me a prepaid shipping label to print and send it in.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
          Did you change to manual brightness settings? I have seen something similar indoors when my 2400 is set to auto brightness.

I should add it does not act like that outside, or at least I have never noticed.
          I cant change anything from the amount of information I can see on the display.

Comment

I really appreciate the information. I am glad to hear they back their product. There is very little more frustrating than poor customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by kcnatural View Post
              I cant change anything from the amount of information I can see on the display.
              I hear ya, if you cant see anything against a dark wall you will have to send it back. I have only heard of good things when a situation comes up with their products. Keep us updated, as much as these things cost customer service was one of the big things I looked at.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post

I had this same problem with mine. Some how the brightness level got turned way down and I found this by pure luck. Changed the brightness level and no problems. But I will say Sig has some great customer service. I went on a guided axis hunt last year and a step broke on the stairs as I was climbing up and I fell. I lost the battery cap on mine and called sig. I had a new cap in a couple of days at no charge.

Comment

Its hard to explain. Its not a brightness problem because the part of the display that is there is plenty bright. You can see the yardage but not the tenths and maybe 1/3 of the target circle. I will let you guys know what happens with it. I'm calling CS Monday.

Comment

Well I messed around and didn't get it sent off until the 25th. I just received a brand new kilo 2000 back from Sig. That is what I call customer service.

Comment

That's great, good customer service is awesome, glad you had the same experience I did.

Comment

Working...
                      X