Anyone reload for 7mm stw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone reload for 7mm stw?

I’m too afraid to reload myself but I’d really like to get some handloads for this rifle. If any of you reload or are willing to help please pm me.
    Thanks!!
    Misty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is before I go paying Dallas reloads upwards of $600-$700 to build custom rounds.

Comment

Wow, I can think of 600-700 reasons to handload for that rifle. If you were closer I would offer you my equipment and guidance so you could do it yourself.

I would suggest you get into handloading, it's very rewarding, isn't complicated and will allow you to shoot more for the same amount spent on factory stuff. In the end its being able to tailor the exact load you want.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
        Wow, I can think of 600-700 reasons to handload for that rifle. If you were closer I would offer you my equipment and guidance so you could do it yourself.

I would suggest you get into handloading, it's very rewarding, isn't complicated and will allow you to shoot more for the same amount spent on factory stuff. In the end its being able to tailor the exact load you want.

Good luck!

Lol I’ve watched videos and read about reloading but I feel like it’s so much info I can’t keep track. Maybe I’ll find someone that reloads near me and watch them.

Comment

I built a 7mm STW when Layne Simpson first wrote about, I didn't have any reloading data so I just played around with different load combo's. Every shot was thru a chrono and tested for accuracy. The loads I have are producing velocities considerably higher than published ballistics.
          Every rifle will be different, some will handle hotter loads than others. Depending on what you want to do with it, it might be worth it to have someone do load development

Comment

I sent an email to two different companies, Dallas reloads and precision. I’ll see who’s turn around is less and I guess I’ll go from there.

Comment

I'm in Pearland near Friendswood. Are you far? I'm happy to show you how. That's how I learned how to do it. I'm no bench rest shooter, just load for hunting and I do OK. Just need some RCGS dies (my favorite), brass, bullets and some powder. You can get plenty of accurate recipes online or even on TBH. It's not hard, just a bit time consuming. I usually spend a weekend every year loading every empty piece of brass I own in every caliber. Hit me up if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                I'm in Pearland near Friendswood. Are you far? I'm happy to show you how. That's how I learned how to do it. I'm no bench rest shooter, just load for hunting and I do OK. Just need some RCGS dies (my favorite), brass, bullets and some powder. You can get plenty of accurate recipes online or even on TBH. It's not hard, just a bit time consuming. I usually spend a weekend every year loading every empty piece of brass I own in every caliber. Hit me up if interested.

I’m in magnolia but to learn I’d sure drive! I’ll pm you.

Comment

You might give these guys a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This reminds me a gentleman on here from Cypress offered to show me the ropes a couple of years ago. I got busy with work and forgot about it but I need to at least dip my toes in the water.

On a side note, Misty what in the world are shooting with a 7mm STW? LOL

Comment

You may have seen this already but there are several factory loads available,Nosler,Federal and Hornady. Just ordered some Nosler Accubonds from Cabelas.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                        This reminds me a gentleman on here from Cypress offered to show me the ropes a couple of years ago. I got busy with work and forgot about it but I need to at least dip my toes in the water.

On a side note, Misty what in the world are shooting with a 7mm STW? LOL

LOL stuff and things and such. I want to start shooting long distance so the next axis that walks out at 600-700 yards, I’ll have the confidence to drop them in their tracks. Also, I am saving for an elk hunt and this rifle is perfect for it. I was going to top it with NV but decided to take a LR class instead.

Comment

7 stw is one bad dude ! I reload for mine, 168 Berger hunting VLD

Comment

I have two in 7mm STW that I load for.
                            A Browning A-bolt that I had re-chambered, and a Winchester Laredo.
                            It's a great caliber. Handloading isn't difficult. You just have to pay attention to details.

Comment

Love my STW. 140gr Accubond at 3,400 fps has been deadly on game large and small from 1-500 yds.

Comment

Working...
                              X