Fullsize Bed with Cubbies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fullsize Bed with Cubbies

Project that got started and paused due to a boat, hunting season, and work. I needed a bed for my 6 year old so why not make one?! So I drew up some plans that was to his liking. We went to a local wood store and he liked the Knotty Alder, I do to being cheaper per foot. I don't have a full woodshop or a garage as I'm trying to save some coin to buy/build soon. But but I have some sweet folding saw horses, power tools, a workbench, and a tool chest full of century old and modern hand tools.

I made the platform part at first which consisted of 3/4" plywood, 1/4" Luann, 1 2x4, and some fur strips.
    Attached Files

Next I built the footboard, then headboard (still in progress). I needed to glue up boards to make the posts. Then picked out what the headboard would be. Glued up same. Filled knots with dyed epoxy. Planed it. Cut tennons, chopped out mortises with the help of a drill. I make my tennons / mortises as wide as my chisel and the marking gauge I have makes it real easy to lay out lines.

Need to make a cap piece for the heaboard. Roundover some edges. Pick out some hardware and put finish on. Almost done.
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks great! You know what your doing for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks fantastic! I love the simplicity of the wood and the design.

Comment

Nice work

Comment

Well played sir

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Very Nice .

Comment

Awesome!! Well done.

Comment

Well done sir.