Tablitas Marinade Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tablitas Marinade Recipe

So, up here in the NE, I can buy tablitas (cut for Korean BBQ or Pho, I think) but need to know the proper Mexican marinade or seasoning mix I would get in a Texas/Mexican carniceria. Anyone know? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have a few options, you could go with a fajita seasoning, lime juice and a little oil mix in a bowl/bag and marinate.

Or kick it up a notch and get creative
    Tajin seasoning, chilli powder, cayenne, crushed garlic lemon/lime juice/OJ and a little Mexican beer mix it all up and marinate!

These are my two, but there are many others

Comment

Gotta find La Michoacana’s recipe. It’s off the wall. I’m lookin myself.

Comment

Get a big bag of dried chili peppers, cut the tops off, shake out the seeds, then boil. Put the hydrated peppers in a food processor along with a little olive oil, water from the boiling pot, and some salt to taste. You can add garlic and other seasonings, but that is an amazing, simple, and cheap marinade for Mexican food. Save some on the side for dipping a chip into.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
          Gotta find La Michoacana’s recipe. It’s off the wall. I’m lookin myself.

After more research, this is apparently what they use:

Click image for larger version

Name:	41h+56bt39L.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	24646228

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
            Get a big bag of dried chili peppers, cut the tops off, shake out the seeds, then boil. Put the hydrated peppers in a food processor along with a little olive oil, water from the boiling pot, and some salt to taste. You can add garlic and other seasonings, but that is an amazing, simple, and cheap marinade for Mexican food. Save some on the side for dipping a chip into.
            This one caught my eye...seems simple enough....may try on chicken or tablitas...

Comment

I use to cut these and called the "Flanken Style" short ribs when I ran a meat market for Winn Dixie. Couldn`t hardly give them away. Now the are the thing. Kinda like skirt steak was in the 90`s. I had been a butcher for 10 before I knew what it was.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                I use to cut these and called the "Flanken Style" short ribs when I ran a meat market for Winn Dixie. Couldn`t hardly give them away. Now the are the thing. Kinda like skirt steak was in the 90`s. I had been a butcher for 10 before I knew what it was.

Yep, just found out about them 2-3 years ago and now they are a deer camp staple. Up here, they’re selling them for $8.99 a pound!

Comment

Try the sazon with pineapple juice.

Comment

Working...
                  X