“The Timer”feeder mechanism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“The Timer”feeder mechanism

A couple of weeks ago I walk up to my set only to find about 350 lbs of corn on the ground around my 600 lb S&F ASF feeder. I check the Mechanism and it reads 6v. So I changed the battery. Seemed to work well for a couple of days. Checked it yesterday. Not throwing corn. Showing 6v again. Changed battery and reset.

So I walk up today and again about 300 lbs of corn on the ground. I guess goes off and never turns off. I guess I’ll buy another mechanism.

Anyone have this happen to them ? This is an expensive FU. Thx guys

Never had that happen. But 300lbs of corn on the ground and a couple different batteries and now a new timer gets pricey quick! Lol

Comment

Yes, just had that happen for the first time last month on a new feeder and I have used the timer for years! 600 lb full feeder on the ground!

Comment

Yes, the timer is bad.
        R & R it.

Comment

Yep, have had the same issue and a couple others with 'The Timers' in the past couple years.

Comment

You guys sure its "The Timer" and not something else? I haven't had any issues with all 12 of my timers. The only issue I've noticed is they go from 12v to 6v when batteries get low.

600lbs or 1200lbs of corn on the ground inhales.

Comment

Dad had the same thing happen. All seasons replaced it. Bad batch of them came out. Changed timer with new one. No more problems. Spun till battery died.

Comment

Never had that problem, only problem I’ve found was with one timer and you would set it for 10 secs and it would throw for about 3. Same if I changed it to 30. I called all season and told them the problem and they exchanged it.

Comment

Originally posted by DeerGeek View Post
                  Yes, just had that happen for the first time last month on a new feeder and I have used the timer for years! 600 lb full feeder on the ground!
                  So what did you do ?

Comment

There are several threads on here about there being a “bad batch” of The Timers. I personally had the same thing happen to me.
                    You might try to call ASF. Maybe they can help steer you in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                      There are several threads on here about there being a “bad batch” of The Timers. I personally had the same thing happen to me.
                      You might try to call ASF. Maybe they can help steer you in the right direction.
                      This. I got 2 bad ones in a row. I’m hoping the new one I just got will fix it. They had a bad batch like said above.

They will let you return it to any dealer closest to you, no questions asked.

There’s a certain serial number that was the bad batch, but I can’t remember what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                        This. I got 2 bad ones in a row. I’m hoping the new one I just got will fix it. They had a bad batch like said above.

They will let you return it to any dealer closest to you, no questions asked.

There’s a certain serial number that was the bad batch, but I can’t remember what it is.
                        So I just called ASF. Apparently if the serial number starts with a TC 91 it’s part of the bad batch. They are going to replace it with a new one. Free of charge. Good customer service. So Thx ASF.
                        Last edited by laredoarcher; 12-17-2020, 11:01 AM.

Comment

A guy on my deer lease had the same thing happen to him a couple of months ago. He contacted West Texas Feeder Supply and got it replaced at no charge. As stated several times here, there was a bad batch. It does suck that you have that much corn shot out on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Shortybang View Post
                            A guy on my deer lease had the same thing happen to him a couple of months ago. He contacted West Texas Feeder Supply and got it replaced at no charge. As stated several times here, there was a bad batch. It does suck that you have that much corn shot out on the ground.

Tell me about it. It sucks to make a feeder fill trip and have this happen 4 days after you topped off a feeder.
                            Last edited by RascalArms; 12-17-2020, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Why do people keep buying these?

I hunt at the house and would be out the cost of the corn but I would be double mad if I drove 6 hours to fill feeders and check cards and when I got to ranch to hunt there was no corn in feeder and had not been for over a month because a known issue was not addressed by the seller

Comment

Working...
                              X