Issue with aiming new Hoyt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with aiming new Hoyt

Would love to get some feedback and suggestions from everyone.

For years I shot a Hoyt Alphamaxx32 with 5 pins

I recently just upgraded to a Hoyt Axius Ultra with a CBE single Pin
    The issue I am dealing with is on my new bow trying to keep it stable while shooting. My old bow I could hold it dead on and it wouldn't move while shooting.

This new bow it isn't as stable it feels like when trying to aim.
    Not sure what is causing this issue. This bow is quite a big heavier compared to my AlphaMaxx32. This new bow is almost 2 lbs heavier. I keep having an issue with the bow/site wanting to pull down while aiming. My old bow I didn't have this issue. My new bow it seems like I can't get it to sit dead in my hand keeps wanting to dive down while aiming just below the target.

If you have a lot of weight up front in your stabilizer, take some weight off. It not a back bar could help

Comment

It may be just muscle memory from shooting your old bow. You just aren’t used to holding up the extra 2 pounds yet. I’d give it time and see what happens unless you just want to tinker with it

Comment

Is the grip width the same on your new bow vs. your old bow?

Comment

Like already mentioned a back bar may help a lot and/or take off the front bar if you have one.

Do you have a bunch of extras that are causing the 2 extra pounds? That just sounds like a drastic difference.

Comment

Sounds like a draw length issue. Typically when your draw is too short, as you pull into the shot you’ll dip out of the bottom. When you’re aiming you may have a fast, jerky float with the pin. Long draw length will be slow and hard to control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Which release are you using? Holding low on the target and not being able to “get it up”, is a sign of Target Panic, a form of anxiety, and which often accompanies trigger releases...

Comment

try to losen or tighten your bow hand strap (or whatever that thing is called. some of my bows i like it tight when its a heavy bow and lose when its a light carbon bow.

Comment

Working...
                X