Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with The Timer

Worked flawlessly for a few months
    Now won’t spin for allotted time, changed 12v changed the batteries in the controller disconnected and reset both motor and the controller
    Now I can set feed time for ten seconds and sometimes I’ll get five second feed then the next maybe two?
    Has anyone had this issue it’s extremely aggravating and too close to season to be having equipment problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ttt

Comment

Call West Texas feeder supply they have a great warranty on them and will replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by roysmoke View Post
        Call West Texas feeder supply they have a great warranty on them and will replace it.

Thanks I wonder how that’ll work with me being in Houston

Comment

Stan Chisholm at west Texas feeder will take care of you.

We had 14 of them with some as old as 15 years and they’ve always stood behind them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas View Post
            Thanks I wonder how that’ll work with me being in Houston

He’ll probably have you take it to a local dealer and trade it out for you, then the dealer can send it back to Odessa.

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishin fool View Post
              He’ll probably have you take it to a local dealer and trade it out for you, then the dealer can send it back to Odessa.

Thank you sir he will be getting a call ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by roysmoke View Post

This

Comment

Karl at Ultramatic in Houston will do the same. He's a Timer dealer...

Comment

c/o the fuse

Comment

I emailed them with an issue on a timer not working. It was still under warranty and they told me to send it back to them and they would replace it. It was mailed to them a couple of weeks back.

Comment

Did you check the motor?

Spin freely?

Old?

Possibly motor causing issue, bad brushes, bearing, etc

Just something to check if you have not

Comment

What if you hook motor directly to battery? you either have a weak battery (should be pretty obvious) or a faulty timer. It could be a super loose battery connection, but that would be pretty obvious too

Comment

I know this isn't helping now but I have a few extra timers on hand so when there's a problem I can just swap it out and figure out the problem later. That way the feeders up and running again and not waiting till the next time I make back out. We run 10-12 feeders and seldom have a problem with the timers. Usually it's bad batteries in the timer but occasionally we have to send one in for replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntingobsession View Post
                              I know this isn't helping now but I have a few extra timers on hand so when there's a problem I can just swap it out and figure out the problem later. That way the feeders up and running again and not waiting till the next time I make back out. We run 10-12 feeders and seldom have a problem with the timers. Usually it's bad batteries in the timer but occasionally we have to send one in for replacement.
                              This is what we do now. As I have learned all brands will have issues at some point. Timers, carmeras etc. While the Timer and Browning cameras are some of the best they eventually.fail too. I have had 3 Strike Force die in the last 4 months. All were at least 5 years old so that is what we are marking as the average life span.

Comment

Working...
                              X