Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do I need??

Having a hard time finding what I need.

I want to mount my AR with M-Lok handguard to a tripod.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but the tripod is "for" photography... I will take and upload a Pic shortly. What is the piece that goes between the tripod, attaches to tripod via the screw, and connects to M-Lok handguard?? And why is it so hard to find? Local gun shop and bass pro don't know what it is.

What kind of budget are we working with ?
    I made a home brew that just cradles it for cheap . I can
    Text a picture later I’m right now.
    Vap

Comment

Originally posted by Vap View Post
      What kind of budget are we working with ?
      I made a home brew that just cradles it for cheap . I can
      Text a picture later I’m right now.
      Vap
      I need to connect the two.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

Should be a mlok to arca-swiss adapter

Comment

That’s not an arca head on the tripod. That would be my recommendation though. Find a arca ball head for the tripod, then a 4” magpul arca rail for the Mlok.

Comment

You can get the piece on Amazon for cheap, but beware it won't hold the gun up on a camera tripod. It works pretty good as a rest though for sitting or kneeli g.

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
              You can get the piece on Amazon for cheap, but beware it won't hold the gun up on a camera tripod. It works pretty good as a rest though for sitting or kneeli g.
              That's all I am trying to do pretty much. Thanks!

Comment

These will do what you're looking for

But as others have said, I wouldn't trust the tripod to hold the gun up on its own unless the base is extremely large, like, a 4' diameter

Comment

You’re going to be sorely disappointed adding an arca rail to that rifle, and still not having a way to connect it to the tripod. There isn’t an arca head on the tripod. I’m not sure why everyone keeps telling you that you only need the rail.

Comment

I have no idea if this is compatible with your tripod, but you’re also needing a head similar to this. This will be attached to the tripod, and is what will accept the arca rail mounted to your rifle.

Comment

A far simpler solution would be to get a Hog Saddle or the less expensive Pig Saddle and put it on a tripod. Then you can use multiple rifles. I’m sitting behind one right now. Depending on your use, you MAY not need a ball head; but they sure are nice for being able to pan and tilt and then lock the rifle down. I’d strongly suggest you go do a little reading over on the Hog Saddle site, in the FAQ - Josh has some pertinent info on using ball mounts as well as the pros/cons of direct mounting to a tripod.

As others have said, whatever attachment you might add to your rifle will need to be compatible with the tripod head you have or choose. Arca-Swiss being the standard for quality ball heads. Thus, it’s the most common type shooters use. So, just make sure you take this into consideration when purchasing.

If you attach your rifle close to the balance point and your tripod is rated for the weight of your rifle and the ball head, it’ll support your rifle free-standing. This is a deep and expensive rabbit hole, if you want it to be but, with the added expense comes stability and convenience. You DONT have to spend $800 for a working system.......but my PRST tripod, Sunwayfoto CB-52 ball head and Hog Saddle has yet to disappoint.

Originally posted by oneisnone View Post
                      These will do what you're looking for

But as others have said, I wouldn't trust the tripod to hold the gun up on its own unless the base is extremely large, like, a 4' diameter

Are you talking about the tripod in the OP’s post or tripods in general? I only use about an 18” spread for seated shots to ~400yds and it supports all my rifles very well. It’s way easier to move around to cover a large area. Although, when it’s convenient, a really wide stance is certainly more rigid and easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X